Good enough for Police Officer?

Hi folks,

I've almost finished making my pack. I need to add the mortar tube and the tube on the other side but, before I start permanently attaching things,  I'd love to get some feedback from all of you. I'm not going for SWAT but would like to get Police Officer. Is there anything I would need to change?

IMG_1631.JPEG

Hi mate, 

your pack looks great already. :duim:

After speaking to my fellow deployment officer bigwam, we would suggest changing or modifying the following parts: 

While the colour looks a little too bluish than greyish, it should be okay, this always depends on lighting but the gloss finish isn't right, so give the trays, bottles and canteen a satin matte clearcoat and you are good to go. 

We have so many great pics and heaps of information on the Sonix radio now that you should definitely add a pleather suround, the sockets and antenna and the feet to your radio to make it screen accurate. 

It's absolutely okay to have a pvc frame with visible joints but in your case it sticks out too much. If possible, try to sand down those ridges on the bottom part of your frame, they should be less visible. 

I hope this doesn't put you down, you have already done an amazing job with your pack. Keep up the good work! :salute:

2 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hi mate, 

your pack looks great already. :duim:

After speaking to my fellow deployment officer bigwam, we would suggest changing or modifying the following parts: 

While the colour looks a little too bluish than greyish, it should be okay, this always depends on lighting but the gloss finish isn't right, so give the trays, bottles and canteen a satin matte clearcoat and you are good to go. 

We have so many great pics and heaps of information on the Sonix radio now that you should definitely add a pleather suround, the sockets and antenna and the feet to your radio to make it screen accurate. 

It's absolutely okay to have a pvc frame with visible joints but in your case it sticks out too much. If possible, try to sand down those ridges on the bottom part of your frame, they should be less visible. 

I hope this doesn't put you down, you have already done an amazing job with your pack. Keep up the good work! :salute:

Thanks. All in all, nothing I was not expecting but l do have a few comments/questions:

1. The grey colour: I used RAL 7031 which is what I was told was correct. Do you have a better colour suggestion? It's such an easy thing to fix so I don't mind doing it :) If that's the right code then it's probably just bad lightning like you said.

2. Can you just spray over the paint with the satin matte clearcoat?

3. Already got leather etc for the radio surround, just waiting for the wife to get her sewing machine out. I've got the socket parts too but they need the surround first.

4. I've actually made it in metal tubing cos I couldn't find any decent corner parts in plastic. I'll look into what I can do to make them stand out less.

Thanks for the feedback, you haven't put me down at all :) It's only the joint parts that might be hard...

• Like 1

Great, then it's just crappy lighting :)  One less thing to worry about. I'll get to the other stuff over the next week and post updates here.

Thanks for the help so far.