Best place to buy ABS Sheets?

WilliamZ

I've recently purchased a TD off of a friend and am looking to get it certified in the near future. The suit has been taken really well of and maintained through the past 10+ years and through 5 different people. However, all of them happen to have much thinner thighs than me (everything else fits pretty well). 

Basically, I need to fill in about 3 inch gaps on each thigh and am wondering where to purchase sheets of white .0625 abs plastic so I can shim the thighs? I believe that my local Home Depot and Menard's doesn't have them. 

Also, should I be using bondo to attach the shims or would ABS Paste work better?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, bigwam said:

Is it possible, to show a pic of the gaps?

Regards bigwam

Yeah for sure! I'm holding these up by the snaps so if the thighs are riding a bit high that's probably why. But you get the idea for the gaps. The image is too large (like my thighs) to upload onto the forum so here's a link to the Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NttoxJNeE-VRjmV0ndE8CyLdDJJotJO/view?usp=sharing

Hi mate and welcome to the MEPD, 

your armor seems to be a set of FX (which is quite rare and rising in value if unaltered) or Shepperton, these types of armor use the so called overlap method to join the halves of the thighs (probably other parts as arms and shins as well). This is approvable at basic 501st level but for level 2/Police Officer, you would have to change it to the butt-joint and coverstrip method (the thighs for example would be completely glued together and there wouldn't be any opening remaining) , as it was used with the screen-used sandtrooper suits. Now you could of course adjust your armor which would be quite a lot of work or you could try to sell it and get some more screen-accurate armor. 

This being said, you can use your existing armor for basic level approval, just contact your local garrison's gmo to ask for the requirements. 

As for your  question, I have bought white ABS sheets from Amazon, just be sure not to buy acrylic capped sheets as those tend to be more prone to cracking. 

Cheers mate

As Urs says. Either insert pieces, which means you have to modify the thighs quite a bit or buy new thighs, which would probably be the better method. RWA in particular offers kits and individual parts for "bigger" people. I know some troopers who got bigger thighs or kidney plates there.