Attaching Guns to Backpack

kurtweinreich

Anyone tried attaching the MG-34 to a backpack? I know some of the ones out there are really heavy, so this issue probably hasn't been brought up. Mine is made of PVC pipe and wood. I want to attach it to the backpack so I can carry my Lewis Gun and/or my Dewback Prod. Apparently, the backpack attachment is usually only part ofr the dewback rider (grey).

Anyway. I was thinking the rifle clips they put in trucks. Either way, there is a balance issue. Any thoughts?

Anyone tried attaching the MG-34 to a backpack? I know some of the ones out there are really heavy, so this issue probably hasn't been brought up. Mine is made of PVC pipe and wood. I want to attach it to the backpack so I can carry my Lewis Gun and/or my Dewback Prod. Apparently, the backpack attachment is usually only part ofr the dewback rider (grey).

Anyway. I was thinking the rifle clips they put in trucks. Either way, there is a balance issue. Any thoughts?

That is funny, Kurt! When I first started building my pack that is EXACTLY what I wanted to do. I just didn't know how or what to use. I can't wait to see pics of yours. Now are you looking to put it on top or on the side? I thought about the side, down the opposite side of the mortor tube.

Who ya gonna call....

You read my mind.

You could pack the mortar tube with something to balance the weight, but you'd have to take it out if the gun wasn't attached. It was a neat idea, they had that on the toy, but none of the movie packs had a gun attached.

I know some of the ones out there are really heavy, so this issue probably hasn't been brought up.

speaking of that, i had the chance to hold a REAL MG-34 during the german garrison meeting two weeks ago...

IT WAS HEAVY!

Now are you looking to put it on top or on the side? I thought about the side, down the opposite side of the mortor tube.

On the side, like you said. I will just have to balance it. No, it is not in the movie, but I am looking at my Dewback Statue right now, and it seems all of the toys, figures, etc. that have one with a pike, had the gun attached.

Should be fun. Gets us into events that don't allow the guns or guns to be "wielded."