Trooper Armor

1970s

Hey guys,

Did anyone ever notice that the trooper armor became simpler from ANH to Return of the Jedi. I'm not talking about the basic Stormtrooper but really the off shoots. For example; The Snow Trooper wore a lot less armor and so did the Scout Trooper and AT-AT driver. The imperial guard wore like no armor - except the helmet. Both the Snow and Scout troopers also used a lot of white in there uniforms to create the allusion of armor that is actually not there. I think they made these uniforms with less plastic armor because the actors had to hard of a time moving in the Standard Stormtrooper Armor. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jack Vartuli

RedFox@optonline.net

i think you might be right with your moving theory, maybe they just learned from their mistakes.

of course the sand/stormtroopers are the most frightening and best looking armored guys out there ( ) but the other imperial costumes are much easier to walk and fight in, right?

(but, hey guys, who cares... the girls still want US! )

I'm a little confused by the thread, TK armor continued through all 3 movies.

As for some of the changes, I think it was to put "new" characters in the following movies. Also, it's practicle, most TK's have trouble going up and down stairs, try running through a foot of snow or try sitting in the Biker position, let alone getting on the bike in TK armor.

That's actually my point - even though there are TK's in the other movies - when they had to make a new version (snow, scout, etc) there was always less armor than the original - I think while the original looked really cool, they realized it was too hard for the actors to work with and had less armor on new variations of the troopers.

Even if you point out that the new movies - the Clones - have more armor than the origianl Stormtroopers - the clones are animated (CGI) an not actually an actor standing there in a costume.

Thanks,

jack v.

Redfox@optonline.net