Jump to content
Stewart Ikin

Lion Star Hunter 600 trouble

Recommended Posts

Howdy folks,

Could do with some suggestions, as I’ve run into some trouble separating the parts of my canteen. The bottom came off reasonably well. I prised it slowly all the way round until the glue gave way.

The problem has been the top part. It is glued in so strongly that I am damaging the dark green plastic case trying to lever it off. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem or has another solution. I’ve butchered it quite a bit already and am trying to avoid damaging it any more.

Help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Stewart, it’s hard to understand the parts you’re saying without pictures. As far as i know, there’s no need for any prying. Have you made sure you followed the guide like what was in here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate, I understand where you are having trouble, I encountered the same problem with my Lionstar bottle. I have used a heatgun to gently heat it up, but be very careful not to melt the plastic. The heat should help the top part to come undone from the glue. Keep in mind that the clear part is really strongly glued into the bottle, so it will stay inside while you take off the top cover. As soon as you have removed both covers, the real messy fun will beginn as the clear bottle is glued in with a layer of foam. I took a thin screwdriver to push it in between the outer hull and the clear bottle to slowly and steadily destroy the foam... be patient, it takes some time. 

Hope this helps, good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I read the guide but it says the parts come apart fairly easily with care. Sorry no picture, but I wasn’t near my workshop when I posted. I am referring to the light brown coloured top part of the bottle. I was only removing it to make spraying easier, so I’m probably just going to mask it off. It was just frustrating because everyone else seems to have managed to disassemble theirs.

Thanks for the reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Hausi, 

Thanks for the advice. Glad to know I’m not the only one who had trouble. Well done for persevering. I think I will just leave it attached and mask it. I’ve just done the bee sting for it using Bjorn’s Photo of his 3D printed stubby for backpack #2. Just need to fill it and sand ready for primer.  Tried to attach photo but being told the file size is too big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have to find a website which hosts pictures such as flickr or whatever you feel comfortable with. Then you upload it there and finally you can copy and paste the address into this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...