Mini stormtrooper armour (update page 8)

troopermaster

It's my son's 3rd birthday in 8 weeks and what better gift could I give than his own trooper armour!I've already made the all arm and leg base moulds to sculpt on,and have started sculpting with my usual filler.

As you can see in the pic,these are very small next to my forearm piece.I started by making templates out of a sheet of HIPS.The templates were made by resizing and adjusting pics of my suit in photoshop to fit my son Luke.These were then printed out and traced onto the HIPS.I have glued half pipe onto the HIPS and now just sculpt over that....easy

I will be starting on the body parts ASAP and will update when I make more progress.

Posted Image

-Paul.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Any kid would LOVE that!

I WILL LOVE THAT!!!!

i don´t have kids yet, but how cool will a small trooper look on a childs mannequin ?

as usual absolutly AWESOME, Paul!

your skills are unequalled!

That's a great idea Paul... and give yourself a pat on the back for being a great Dad - most parents are prepared to devote 30 mins at their local Toys R Us for their kid's birthday... but sculpting and then vac-forming a full set costume for him? That's somethin' else!

What are you going to use for the helmet? Even the standard DP would be oversized, so maybe you're going to sculpt a mini helmet as well?

Can't wait to see how this turns out...

Cheers,

John

Thanks everyone,I knew you'd like it

I've done a bit more today and last night.I've managed to resize and print out the body sections,and need to make the plastic templates now.Still a long ways to go but it's getting there.

John,My son has his own ANH helmet,but if I get time I will make him a smaller one to match his size

Posted Image

-Paul.

Keep up the great work!

My son is 6 and wants sand trooper and clone armor! when you get this finished you should consider making some extra kits! Lots of parents on this board would love to be able to do a suit for their kids.

• 2 weeks later...

hey paul

looks good so far

but just wondering why you´re the first who´s goin to make a accurate mini tk suit

think a lot of people would buy a child-trooper-suit

one question

how do you get the right angle for the conecction lips of the back and the chestplate?

i have a set of armor where the shoulder stips didn´t fit right and i had done a reshaping first

and for all the germans

is that the right armor for our mini trooper klein royal?