Progress Pics

maj_hassel

I was painting some parts today (TS rig mostly) and, as I looked at some of the other parts I had lying around, I thought I'd put my pack components together and see what I had going so far.

I got pretty thrilled when I saw the pieces in one place so I thought I'd fire off a few pics and share them.

(Now take into account that nothing is really attached to anything and some items, like the bottles, need to be trimmed to a more correct length)

Here's all of the parts I have so far:

Posted Image

Here's some of the upper pieces:

Posted Image

...and some of the lower pieces:

Posted Image

Here's a brief rundown on the components:

[*] The scoop assembly is made up of wooden doweling + a vacuum cleaner nozzle with a tip I fabricated out of craft foam + an Altoids gum container[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

[*] Two kitty-litter trays (top box has a speaker mounted in the top which is connected to a Hyperdine soundboard)[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

[*] An auto air filter[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

[*] Two Lysol wipe bottles[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

[*] Two Tupperware dessert cups and a meat keeper[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

[*] An Alvin Ice Tube cut lengthwise and rivited to fit inside detonator caps[/*:m:kuyy6kcy]

The only parts I bought from a maker were the radio box faceplate (TE) and the radar dish which I got off eBay.

Take into mind that I am not going for 100% screen accurate, just something that looks pretty close. This way it will have more of a personal touch to it.

Oh, and let me apologize to all of you sandies out there for how freakin' CLEAN everything is.

What filter did you use?

I believe it's a Purolator #A54855.

I think Fram makes a similar/identical part #CA7600.

If you get one be sure that when you cut the base off (i.e. w/ a Dremel) you're in a well-ventilated area. Bad fumes. Very stinky.

BTW: Can anyone give me advice on what else I need to make this complete?

[*]I know I need straps, but is there another long black piece that goes along the left side of the pack?

[/*:m:3p7vuciu]

[*]What about those little tube pieces? I'm trying to make the pack with the filter on the top left corner (sergeant?). Are those pieces needed to make it accurate?

[/*:m:3p7vuciu]

[*] Does anyone have a measurement for how long the grey bottles are supposed to be? [/*:m:3p7vuciu]