Anon Stormtrooper HDPE helmet kit: "Look Sir, droids"

Hausi

And it´s me again with my second take on the infamous Davin Felth/"Look Sir, droids" helmet. While the weathering on the DA lid was still drying, I started trimming my Anon Stormtrooper HDPE kit (have I already said that I love these kits?:sweat:)

ngnx8vwf.jpg

klo4734s.jpg

ya8xhtuu.jpg

I tried my best to capture all the small details on this specific helmet:

kx44b5ie.jpg

After being happy with the alignment of the parts came painting 

am2btk56.jpg

chfboa56.jpg

bfbq9i9a.jpg

hx5egioi.jpg

• Like 1

I´m going to try to cut a long story short here as I have already posted so many helmet builds here. 

So on we go with pics of the finished project and comparisons to screenshots:

84nmw563.jpg

my helmet outside:

bqyhi78f.jpg

and inside (artificial lighting)

nd7gzx43.jpg

I always take pictures from a certain distance and then zoom in to get the angle right.

Thank you Thomas!:)

Some more pics. This helmet has an amazing amount of fun little details: 

screen reference:

hhcalark.jpg

mine:

b27hqzd5.jpg

RoCKo was so kind to provide the following reference pics of the helmet (note: cleaned and obviously taken after filming)

y3jgtfj6.jpg

always followed by a pic of my helmet arranged in the same way:

p2sze6yk.jpg

r49u4e2d.jpg

q5m3lkmz.jpg

jqj7co77.jpg

fhh4hj65.jpg

jm9xxj5w.jpg

z2um6b8c.jpg

I had a Lego Stormtrooper Commander helmet lying around, those are in my opinion the best miniature helmet out there but the come with unpainted ears and the lines inside the traps and tears, so I painted the ears and also painted over the lives and finally used a toothpick to apply the specific weathering details for the "Look Sir, droids" helmet to have a "mini me" version. :D

5u62763p.jpg

Final shot shows the two Anon Stormtrooper HDPE helmets I have built. 

twz7qfx7.jpg

Cheers mates:salute:

• Like 1

Gorgeous Urs, you did it again!   :duim:

You’re a detail nut just like me, I hope I can achieve a similar nice helmet when I’m getting back to my Davon helmet again. For now it took me almost two weeks to add some more minor details to my TK bust.

Take a look here

When I’m going on with the same speed the Felth helmet will be finished around 2030!   :peace:

Note to myself: Never ever give away any reference pictures to Urs again, so that he can’t set the standard higher! Nah, just kidding, bro!   :pint1:

• Like 1

Thanks Dan and Roger! 

Without your great reference pics, I wouldn't have been able to do this, so thanks again for providing them Roger.  I'm sure your helmet will turn out great, good things are worth waiting for, cheers mate:salute:

• 8 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Hausi said:

Thank you Thomas!:)

Some more pics. This helmet has an amazing amount of fun little details: 

screen reference:

hhcalark.jpg

mine:

b27hqzd5.jpg

RoCKo was so kind to provide the following reference pics of the helmet (note: cleaned and obviously taken after filming)

y3jgtfj6.jpg

always followed by a pic of my helmet arranged in the same way:

p2sze6yk.jpg

r49u4e2d.jpg

q5m3lkmz.jpg

jqj7co77.jpg

fhh4hj65.jpg

jm9xxj5w.jpg

z2um6b8c.jpg

is somewhere in the net or someone hard drive more photos of that screen used helmet?, specifically the tube stripes

1 hour ago, troopermaster said:

I got this one and there are more out there. I have more on my old hard drive but cannot access them.

hznbKCR.jpg

omfg.... is the first time i see that one.

Paul, if it is not too much to ask, can you please post the rest of the photos?

Here's another. Like I said, any others are on my old hard drive that I cannot access. In fact, I have 2 that date back 20 years - both have some rare photos of helmets and armour.
LVfcEtC.jpg
Again, first time i see that one.

And the drives, are they broken?

By the way Paul, ¿are the tube stripes around 15mm tall? I read that in some thread that i cant find now

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

They are not broken, but they are old. I am not computer savvy and don't know how to retrieve them.

15mm is a good size for the tube stripes, though some may be shorter or longer by 1mm or 2mm. They didn't use a stencil for the stripes but it's obvious they used tape to mask the edges, so that's where there will be a slight difference in stripe width from helmet to helmet. The amount of curve on the stripes vary too.

They are not broken, but they are old. I am not computer savvy and don't know how to retrieve them.

15mm is a good size for the tube stripes, though some may be shorter or longer by 1mm or 2mm. They didn't use a stencil for the stripes but it's obvious they used tape to mask the edges, so that's where there will be a slight difference in stripe width from helmet to helmet. The amount of curve on the stripes vary too.

Some people specialize in retrieve files from drives, im just saying, there is hope.

I noticed that, yes, the curve and thickness of the stripes vary even in the same line of stripes.

The thickness seems to be something around 3mm, but as you said, that, for sure varies among the helmets.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, Hausi said:

I had a Lego Stormtrooper Commander helmet lying around, those are in my opinion the best miniature helmet out there but the come with unpainted ears and the lines inside the traps and tears, so I painted the ears and also painted over the lives and finally used a toothpick to apply the specific weathering details for the "Look Sir, droids" helmet to have a "mini me" version. :D

5u62763p.jpg

Final shot shows the two Anon Stormtrooper HDPE helmets I have built. 

twz7qfx7.jpg

Cheers mates:salute:

Hi there. Would you say that the lego helmet is 1/6 scale? I really want an accurate 1/6 helmet

On 5/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, Hoth Gossip said:

Hi there. Would you say that the lego helmet is 1/6 scale? I really want an accurate 1/6 helmet

It's probably a little smaller than 1/6 scale. But it's a really cool helmet. I would suggest getting a used one of these as the prizes for new ones are going up right now.