When is dirty too dirty?

TDNick0205

Hey guys. Used the same method like @pandatrooper on his weathering. I like it! Wondering how dirty can you get and when do you stop yourself from getting super dirty? Here is the Ab plate. I did it the second time because I didn’t like the results. And after.

Before 

49474940918_801c61a21b_b.jpg

And After.

49475633207_cc2ede50bb_b.jpg

Am I going the right direction? I usually weather things that are 1:72-1:148 scale and this is the first time weathering something at 1:1 scale. I do intend to do another round on the forearms, shoulder bells, and so fourth.

Thank you all!

• Like 1

A good wash will break the white up. Then it's all about different amounts of watered down burnt umber to change the color a bit. Do it in layers and it looks very natural. IMHO, too much is if you're trying to make your sandtrooper a mimban trooper!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hausi said:

I like it, it's dirty but not overdone. :duim:

I also think that it's a good idea to have another go at the arms and shoulderbells, especially as the white areas still seem too white and shiny. 

Thanks. I saw that you refer Vallejo paints as well like Vallejo game earth? Would it be necessary to add that  or would that be dark? I have this wash by Vallejo and maybe use it in the nooks and cranny’s. This stuff works great. To bad Vallejo doesn’t make a big bottle of it.

49479888277_23de5aaa5a_c.jpg

2 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

A good wash will break the white up. Then it's all about different amounts of watered down burnt umber to change the color a bit. Do it in layers and it looks very natural. IMHO, too much is if you're trying to make your sandtrooper a mimban trooper!

Yes definitely no Mimban Lol