Field backpack weight

Arch99

Ok guess I should get this question answered.

First off how much does the field pack generally way ?

Also any other troopers out there have any shoulder issues, I screwed mine up bad in the army and Air Force and have issues just wearing a basic backpack of more than a few pounds and I get back and shoulder pain fast.

Just curious with my shoulders is wearing a pack something that's going to be worth building if I can't wear it?

Ok guess I should get this question answered.
   First off how much does the field pack generally way ?
   Also any other troopers out there have any shoulder issues, I screwed mine up bad in the army and Air Force and have issues just wearing a basic backpack of more than a few pounds and I get back and shoulder pain fast.
    Just curious with my shoulders is wearing a pack something that's going to be worth building if I can't wear it?

I would say many of them weigh between 10 and 15 lbs. some may be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CrookKnight said:

I would say many of them weigh between 10 and 15 lbs. some may be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they looked like they might be a bit heavy.

Not sure in PO or SWAT has any specific characters that don't require the field pack.

Depending on materials used to build the pack, 10-15 pounds is accurate.

I feel you though. I have spine issues and cannot wear a backpack for very long. I am plain old Sandtrooper for however many years now. 

How light can one of these backpack be? Is it possible to have one that weights no more than 2 kilos?

If i choose to be a level 3 TD with no backpack, that does mean that i don't have to wear it in official events?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

How light can one of these backpack be? Is it possible to have one that weights no more than 2 kilos?

If i choose to be a level 3 TD with no backpack, that does mean that i don't have to wear it in official events?

I don’t know if you could get it down to 2 kilos.  The toilet siphon weighs about .3 of a kilo. The frame, depending on what you end up using may weight a kilo. 
I know a few of our garrison members that do have PO status, but do not wear their pack at troops. 
Bluey, a former member here and of our garrison and one of the people who created SWAT. I saw him wearing a pack maybe once.  
Im not sure about how others do it.

I don’t know if you could get it down to 2 kilos.  The toilet siphon weighs about .3 of a kilo. The frame, depending on what you end up using may weight a kilo. 
I know a few of our garrison members that do have PO status, but do not wear their pack at troops. 
Bluey, a former member here and of our garrison and one of the people who created SWAT. I saw him wearing a pack maybe once.  
Im not sure about how others do it.
Thanks Fraulein, I'll try to do that, find very lightweight materials.

I asked to a friend in the Venezuela garrison the same thing and he told me that even if im a TD Swat trooper with no back pack, i have to use one in official events, he said: "official like, you know, diney official, but in regular events you don't have to"

My backpack kits weigh 12 pounds including the heavy duty box when I ship them out. This includes metal screws and nuts to secure everything together. You don't want to compromise structural integrity for weight savings.

Check out Machine's backpack build where he attempts to create the lightest #1 backpack possible:

All of the pictures are gone (thanks for nothing TinyPic!) but you should be able to get an idea of the items that went into the pack.

At the end of it all, the final backpack weighed 8.58 pounds

Charlie

On 1/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, Sn4k3 said:

I asked to a friend in the Venezuela garrison the same thing and he told me that even if im a TD Swat trooper with no back pack, i have to use one in official events, he said: "official like, you know, diney official, but in regular events you don't have to"

Well that will depend on your Garrison's command staff present at the event. Normally I would say that it's no problem at all to attend at an event without a pack, especially as the basic 501st approval doesn't require a pack. So in Germany for example you are always allowed to take your pack off as soon as you are getting tired, even at official canon events where there are no liberties for the rest of the costume. 

So if you have achieved basic 501st approval, it's up to you if you want to go ahead and reach level 2/Police Officer requirements, you will need a pack for this but even if you have succesfully been approved as a police officer, nobody can force you to wear the pack at events, especially as it's not suited for tight spaces. 

• Like 1