Can you start your sandtrooper at level 3.

Arch99

I'm just curious I know the crl shows 3 levels for sandtrooper builds.

Was just curious can you skip level 1 and 2 and just start your build at level 3 swat requirements or do you half to go threw each level?

I'd rather when I do my first kit do a TD straight to swat level.

Hi Dave,

You need the other two levels. Level 1 is a basic requirement that the costume is approved. Without level 1, your costume will not be entered.

Of course, you can immediately build your sand trooper so that it reaches level 3. Nevertheless, you have to complete level 2, you can't avoid it.

If your build is a level 3 standard, then levels 1 & 2 are just minor things.

Best Regards bigwam

4 hours ago, bigwam said:

Hi Dave,

You need the other two levels. Level 1 is a basic requirement that the costume is approved. Without level 1, your costume will not be entered.

Of course, you can immediately build your sand trooper so that it reaches level 3. Nevertheless, you have to complete level 2, you can't avoid it.

If your build is a level 3 standard, then levels 1 & 2 are just minor things.

Best Regards bigwam

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure about how that all worked.

Is there anything that is required for level 2 and 3 I can do for my initial build so I don't half to redo anything?

I know I need a pack, the bucket has to be hand painted no decals, and the hand guards need to be the flexible style for level 2 and 3.

Is there much else that needs to be altered from level 1 to level 2 and 3 I'm leaving out?

Hello Dave and welcome to the MEPD, it's just as Bigwam says. You will find the requirements for PO here, so you can build your armor to meet them from the very beginning :

SWAT on the other hand is a completely different game. As there are troopers seen on screen with broken or even missing parts, you will have to emulate your chosen troopers characteristic features. Now for PO, the armor is supposed to look right, no broken or missing parts. So you will probably have to change a few thing after PO when running for SWAT. You can of course already try to get the characteristic weathering right from the start. Hope this helps. 

6 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hello Dave and welcome to the MEPD, it's just as Bigwam says. You will find the requirements for PO here, so you can build your armor to meet them from the very beginning :

SWAT on the other hand is a completely different game. As there are troopers seen on screen with broken or even missing parts, you will have to emulate your chosen troopers characteristic features. Now for PO, the armor is supposed to look right, no broken or missing parts. So you will probably have to change a few thing after PO when running for SWAT. You can of course already try to get the characteristic weathering right from the start. Hope this helps. 

So I'm best just to start from the go building straight to level 2 requirements like you said right.

Just looked at the references library and there is only a couple small things so it's best just to build to level 2 for basic approval and then once I build a pack that's all I would need for level 2 approval correct?

8 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Correct, that's the way to go. :duim:

Thanks that helps, I know what to shot for once I ever get to the point I can get my first going.

Just curious in order to be level 2 you half to have field pack correct?

That's going to be a big issue for me on that part.

Are there any PO or SWAT that I can build that does not require a field pack?

There are some troopers in the movie that aren't wearing a pack, so if you decide to emulate one of these for SWAT, you won't need a pack. But to be able to apply for SWAT, you will have to have successfully applied for PO first and for PO, you have to have a pack. 

If you plan on trooping with your local garrison, it definitely makes sense to start at level 1! A lot of times there’s big adjustments that need to be made for comfort and practicality, and if you need to make cuts/modifications to your armor so it’s wearable, it’ll hurt less if you haven’t spent all the time bringing it to swat status already. Just my thoughts! Best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk