No real clue

Whiteknight72

Hello Troops

Just made the decision to enter the costuming world with a view to getting some RS Props Sand Trooper armour. I've been across and had a look at the 501st for tips which led me here. I'm old so navigating forums is new and tbh I'm just looking for advice on where to start with a view to graduating SWAT eventually. Is there any obvious advice for a budding Sand Trooper?

Hi there, Trooper.

Sorry to see you’ve had no responses. Compared with FISD (for Stormtroopers), MEPD is sometimes a little quieter.

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of Stormtroopers and sandtroopers.

RS make a nice kit. Are you doing a complete self build or getting a commission build? Are you 100% decided on RS?

For inspiration, check out previous work in progress (WIP) threads for tips and tricks. Screen used reference material is your best friend as you can’t get more accurate than screen used.

Best of luck with your journey,

Dan / CableGuy

Sorry for the waiting time, I have been here forever but don’t visit the forum on a daily base anymore!

Like Dan wrote the best thing is to look at as much reference material as possible.

While the Sandtrooper looks more or less like a dirty Stormtrooper with shoulder pauldron there are minor differences which are barely seen when new to all this but are very important if you decide to join the REAL sand pit!

First I’d like to give you some very nice and informative websites to do some little research

LOOK SIR, DROIDS

STARWARSHELMETS - Stormtrooper section (don’t miss all other character sites too!)

For building a Sandtrooper you can search to our forum sections, which of course concentrate an Sandtroopers 

but

since there are only these said differences between Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers you might also want to visit our partnersite 

FISD - whitearmor.net

which has tons of information about building a standard Stormtrooper.

If you have any questions you can’t find an answer to, please drop me a PM here on the forum by clicking on my name left to this post and use the “Personal Message” button!

I hope this is helpful for you!

:duim:

• Like 1

Hello,
to make SWAT, you choose a sandtrooper that you want to imitate. From this one trooper you best study the pictures that exist of him. In order to achieve SWAT, you should copy the mimic as well and exactly as possible, or imitate:
Stains, Damage, Shape, Pack and so on.
Take a look around here in the SWAT area, where you can see some adverts and their progress.

And if you have questions - ask.

Regards bigwam