Yeah mates, I finally have those droids!

Hausi

I have already built an R2 Dome to carry it around as a trophy but as it is quite heavy and a little unwieldy, I decided to use it as something else, so after my wife had given her okay to use it as a living room lamp, up it went.:peace:

ig3t6ln9.jpg

ph9rkeb8.jpg

Now I needed the golden boy too and I was lucky to buy a StarBuckCylon vacuformed helmet kit from a friend and after it had been sitting in my cellar for almost a year, I finally started working on it. Trimming came first, that part I´m familiar with.

The so-called horseshoe made of resin was a little deformed, so I put it in the oven to get it straight again.

fwlnw3dv.jpg

jbf4ehnr.jpg

n949zif2.jpg

So this is what Anthony Daniels probably felt like:sweat::

p3uvwpgt.jpg

The eyes are made of yellow resin as is the detail that goes in the back of the head and it was a pain to get these parts to fit. 

feqcluip.jpg

nowlclag.jpg

auxfim8j.jpg

zq2pupjh.jpg

The horseshoe was glued into the back with E6000.

hd79idrg.jpg

"Alas, poor C3PO";)

4eeb6jes.jpg

• Like 1

I then used putty and finally sprayfiller and after a lot of sanding it looked like this:

d9oeaewd.jpg

qnwawd4r.jpg

I came up with the following construction to carry it around as I didn´t want to go the route most Jawas go with carrying the head around in a net, so I added a neck piece made from some PVC tubing and added cables and stuff to make it look as if the head had freshly been ripped off. I also have a steel tube to hold it.

zj2q4zez.jpg

8d929ynv.jpg

2b6g5lky.jpg

After doing a lot of research on the RPF about the issue of what color to use to paint that head, I decided to give Plastikoat brilliant gold metallic a try and I am extremely happy with the result.

qu7smvh4.jpg

It might not be extremely abrasion resistant but it holds on well and also survived the weathering process easily which is a good sign. 

As you see, I´m doing a battered up Tatooine version anyway (no throne room finish here:sweat:) and also decided to have the right eye hanging out of the socket. Gnarly stuff.

Anyhow, here´s what it looked like before I started weathering it with water down black acrylic paint:

8x5gh6jd.jpg

t6yjuggq.jpg

xyowluqz.jpg

And then came the dirt...weathering. Didn´t want to overdo it but I tend to making everything extremely dirty...

I´ve also made a stand for it so it can easily be slid onto that to display it.

xrmjpfvc.jpg

gplaalv6.jpg

5kp9fwdz.jpg

p2v49qfp.jpg

If not on the stand, my friend Markus "tiny" Zeitvogel has provided an ultra-accurate cloth he uses for his "SWAT-Jawas" (they are truly screenaccurate) to rest it on.

f8sg8jl6.jpg

and so it ended up on the shelf in my office... next to that sneaky guy.

mmniqeh8.jpg

b676prj7.jpg

htzy2syp.jpg

Finally I wanted to lean back to read a good book and I found this pic of the screen-used RotJ head:

l7qw84ok.jpg

couldn´t identify the corrugated tube on the popped eye when I studies the screen grabs but had to add it:

qswmejba.jpg

I  call it done for now. 

• Like 2