Mounting MP40?

So I am all ready to kit up for submission...and man I cant figure out how to mount the shoulder mp40 pouch. Does it attach to the pauldron? Shoulder strap? Strap from shoulder bridge to shoulder bell? Thanks!

Edit: I should have mentioned...going without a pack to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It attaches to the backpack shoulder strap when a pack is worn. 

As you don't need a pack for basic submission but the CRL still requests people to have the shoulder pouch, there are different ways how it can be done. Some people use magnets glued to the inside of the chest, I personally had a strap velcroed to the inside of my backplate and then that came over my shoulder and attached to the pouch with buttons. 

• Like 1

It attaches to the backpack shoulder strap when a pack is worn. 
As you don't need a pack for basic submission but the CRL still requests people to have the shoulder pouch, there are different ways how it can be done. Some people use magnets glued to the inside of the chest, I personally had a strap velcroed to the inside of my backplate and then that came over my shoulder and attached to the pouch with buttons. 

Thanks! Have a pic of yours by chance? Going wout a pack to start

Here you go, just a pic of the strap, you can imagine how the rest works, pretty simple, just some buttons on the pouch and velcro tape on the inside of the shoulder parts of the backplate.

Cheers mate

v7qn5cfn.jpg

• Like 1

Here you go, just a pic of the strap, you can imagine how the rest works, pretty simple, just some buttons on the pouch and velcro tape on the inside of the shoulder parts of the backplate.
Cheers mate
v7qn5cfn.jpg

And then it just kinda dangles in the front?

I have a strap that loops around the strap that connects the shoulder bell to the white shoulder webbing. The the pouch is held in place on the front of my chest plate with magnets. Will get a pic when I have a chance 

Yep. Didn't really matter to me as I was already working on my pack when my TD was approved and I've always been trooping with my pack since. 

Actually I have just used this way of attaching it for my basic submission. There are actually no troopers without pack wearing a shoulderpouch on screen. The packless troopers are also pouchless (shoulderpouch). 

Yep. Didn't really matter to me as I was already working on my pack when my TD was approved and I've always been trooping with my pack since. 
Actually I have just used this way of attaching it for my basic submission. There are actually no troopers without pack wearing a shoulderpouch on screen. The packless troopers are also pouchless (shoulderpouch). 

Thanks. Yes I understand the black pauldron version screen-used options (I think)...but wont be taking this one past a basic approval. I already owned the pauldron n pouch (who knows why lol) and putting them to use.

I have a strap that loops around the strap that connects the shoulder bell to the white shoulder webbing. The the pouch is held in place on the front of my chest plate with magnets. Will get a pic when I have a chance 

Thank you. So magnets limit the dangle. Yes Id love to see the placement of those magnets on the pouch and the chest plate Im guessing

So here is what I do. I made up this nifty little strap them holds the angle and the height of the pouch from my shoulder.  I have a block of wood in each for shape and the right one has a magnet inset into the wood at the bottom 

mdXle4.jpg

The loop at the top goes through my shoulder bell strap as it clicks through to the armour.

KzT63v.jpg

Then the magnet that is at the bottom of the pouch attaches to the magent on my chest armour

RxmJW9.jpg

Hope it helps you 

• Like 2

So here is what I do. I made up this nifty little strap them holds the angle and the height of the pouch from my shoulder.  I have a block of wood in each for shape and the right one has a magnet inset into the wood at the bottom 
mdXle4.jpg
The loop at the top goes through my shoulder bell strap as it clicks through to the armour.
KzT63v.jpg
Then the magnet that is at the bottom of the pouch attaches to the magent on my chest armour
RxmJW9.jpg
Hope it helps you 

Thank you. I attempted magnets and it wouldnt hold well for some reason. I am going to try again though. For the purpose of pics I made a loop similar to yours and used some velcro for now. Here is the result.

12296b09dd9f51d48545f27f07462f96.jpg48d1da6a4ad4fd4a90c31d833c3ea3f2.jpg12d7948812f6969e4086c68ae806f99c.jpg1df9a8fe3414e2684d946806aa46765c.jpg

Nice work, I like the look you got going there. 

For the magnet, I found epoxy did the trick for me, I just roughed up the inside of area of my chestplate before using the glue for a better bond.

2 hours ago, Volksjager said:

Well done, congrats!

to get access post in the 501st/Sandtrooper access post pined in the barracks section of the forum. Admin will then grant you access

Found it.  I would not have known where to look.  Thank you!!!