TD-92698 Requesting Mimban Police Officer Deployment

I think there is really only one way to get this started and that's to toss this out there for Police Officer review.    At the very least it will prompt review and direction!

Legion ID 92698

Forum Nickname:  Plainsrunner

Alabama Garrison

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=27527

dagc1qR.jpgAjjT3XX.jpg

o3VgXBT.jpgkBmCDxt.jpg

F0jN3wj.jpg6NbgspT.jpg

Couple side notes:   

A. The iphone camera perspective makes me look super short.  

B. The weathering makes it hard for details to show on pics.   Like the buttons on the ab plate are some of my best detailed painting work.  The weathering makes it look like a kindergartner painted them.   Rest assured they are *perfectly* round on the buttons.   

C.  I don't even know what pictures might be missing for consideration because there are so few of us Mimban TKs........

Hi Scott, thank you for your application and your interest in becoming the MEPD´s first Mimban PO... the dirtiest of our dirty bunch!:salute:

As already stated elsewhere, I really dig your weathering, as it´s not overdone and still somehow subtile if that term can be applied for one of these troopers. Overall yours is a great build and suits you well. 

I´ve had a look at the CRL and there are certain things we/I have to have a closer look at and just learn more about this trooper. You know that we are known to be nitpickers. ;)

I will definitely be watching "Solo" again and taking some screenshots. 

I know that there are troopers in the movie without a backpack but I am asking myself if this trooper should be wearing a backpack to remain in line with the requirements for all other troopers here at the MEPD, what do you think, Scott?

3 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hi Scott, thank you for your application and your interest in becoming the MEPD´s first Mimban PO... the dirtiest of our dirty bunch!:salute:

As already stated elsewhere, I really dig your weathering, as it´s not overdone and still somehow subtile if that term can be applied for one of these troopers. Overall yours is a great build and suits you well. 

I´ve had a look at the CRL and there are certain things we/I have to have a closer look at and just learn more about this trooper. You know that we are known to be nitpickers. ;)

I will definitely be watching "Solo" again and taking some screenshots. 

I know that there are troopers in the movie without a backpack but I am asking myself if this trooper should be wearing a backpack to remain in line with the requirements for all other troopers here at the MEPD, what do you think, Scott?

That is an excellent question about the backpack.    I just went and watched the Mimban scenes in slow mo.   I counted about 20 Mimban Tks without backpacks to around 3 with.   The backpacks look to be a very small percentage of the troopers.   The two main featured Mimban Tks that take custody of Solo and "feed him to the beast" are without backpacks.   

However, I do understand that all the Sandies do have backpacks from the original movies -- but I think that's because it was more common for them to be wearing them than not.    There were only a couple original Sandtroopers without packs -- and they seemed to be ranking officers.  

Interesting note:   Upon watching in slow motion I caught a glimpse of one TK without a Plash!    He walks briefly behind the main characters and he looked cleaner than everyone else.

35 minutes ago, Hausi said:

After watching the movie again, I agree with you, troopers without pack are a more common sight, so it makes sense that the pack is not a requirement for PO. 

Looks like the ones with packs are the Mimban equivalent to radio operators embedded Inn WW2 units.    

Hi Scott! 

Not too shabby! I will most likely be going mimban soon myself. 

If I could throw in my two cents. I would actually say to go thinker on the mud.

Mimban-Stormtroopers-SWI181.png

You may need a flash light on your E-11 and the 4 ammo pouch. Also I'm of the opinion that you will need a backpack but then again, that might be saved for swat.

Best of luck to you!

18 minutes ago, yoshix said:

Hi Scott! 

Not too shabby! I will most likely be going mimban soon myself. 

If I could throw in my two cents. I would actually say to go thinker on the mud.

Mimban-Stormtroopers-SWI181.png

You may need a flash light on your E-11 and the 4 ammo pouch. Also I'm of the opinion that you will need a backpack but then again, that might be saved for swat.

Best of luck to you!

The tricky thing about weathering is that it doesn’t show up as much on camera.   If it’s showing up on camera it can be overpowering in person.   It’s a tricky business.

The picture you posted above is actually the guide I worked from for the build and weathering.

Any reason why you support the need for a pack?    There are so few examples of them in the movie that we wouldn’t even know what they should look like if not for having insider info that they were the same packs as they used in R1.   And we have enough photos of them there.    Swat will be difficult with them because the packs are just in so few shots and usually only partially seen.   

IMG-20190913-162249.jpg

My opinion is that its really caked on and that for the most part only the edges are scuffed up to show details. Understandably that its different lighting and a different camera.

IMG-20190913-162811.jpg

40 minutes ago, Plainsrunner said:

Any reason why you support the need for a pack?

Because the OT sandtroopers must have a pack for getting deployment even if there are sandtroopers in the film on Mos Eisley that dont wear a backpack. As you know because you're deployed.

I really look forward to seeing how this thread progresses, it will help me out in my build. 

I get that about the OT troopers requiring a pack — but the question comes down to reasons for requiring the pack on the OT.    Do we require it just to make it more difficult, or do we require it because it’s the predominant configuration in the movies?    In the OT you very rarely see a Sandtrooper without a pack.   In Solo you only catch glimpses of troopers with packs.    In the OT the most famous scene (roadblock) features all troopers with packs.    In Solo the predominant scene on top of Chewbacca’s cage features the more common TKs without packs.    *shrug*

As for weathering — I can easily add more if the deployment officers believe I should.   However, not all the troopers on screen are as dirty.   The clearest shot is the promo shot above, but I poured over screen freezes of the movie trying to strike a balance.   I hate over weathered costumes no matter which ones they are.    The plash looks cleaner in these stupid iPhone pictures than in person.    There are mud splatters all over it in person.   I honestly think they intentionally make the iPhone camera to clean up that sort of thing on people in auto processing for some reason.    

So I found one thing I can correct:

The ammo pouch came with stitching on the bottom for different sized magazines.    I"m going to remove this stitching so that the inserted foam fills out the entire pouch.    I'll post before and after photos once it's done.

Congratulations on your application.  Ive considered applying for PO for my Mimban but I have to say the MEPD's reputation for upper levels is really quite intimidating. 

As for packs being required.... absolutely not.  There is no reason to require them.  There are few clear pics to base a Mimban build on (trust me, I know) and none are wearing a pack.  The only troopers seen clearly in the movie, the ones that throw Han to "the beast"..... no packs.

And the argument that OT sandies need a pack to get level 2 therefore Mimbans should too?  Sorry that makes zero sense.  Different movies, different troopers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scott, impatient as always;), didn't you agree to help us write down the requirements for Mimban PO? 

We are working on it... and I can already tell you that your current blaster isn't going to work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hausi said:

Hey Scott, impatient as always;), didn't you agree to help us write down the requirements for Mimban PO? 

We are working on it... and I can already tell you that your current blaster isn't going to work. 

Oh right!   I didn't even think about the blaster because it's not required for approval (as all weapons aren't).    Probably needs to be a standard E-11 with the R1 E-11 code cylinders, or a DLT-19 with an attached flashlight and sling.    Correct?

Or an E-10?

Actually I'm unsure about the sling and flashlight requirement for the DLT.   I think I saw one or two without those.    Thoughts?

The blaster section of the crl needs updating anyway.  The E11 listed as is is fine (as it describes the "rogue one version").   But are any Mimbans seen with DLT19s?  The E10 should also be added (though ours is slightly different to that carried by mud troopers as it lacks a sling).

11 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

The blaster section of the crl needs updating anyway.  The E11 listed as is is fine (as it describes the "rogue one version").   But are any Mimbans seen with DLT19s?  The E10 should also be added (though ours is slightly different to that carried by mud troopers as it lacks a sling).

I thought I saw a DLT.   I’ll go back and watch this evening and take a close look.

Ok I watched it through again in slow motion.    My findings:

1.  I see numerous Mimban troopers carrying what APPEAR* to be E-11 blasters, and you can infer that they are R1 versions even though you don't see a good look at them.   

2.  The two main Mimban troopers that take Han to the beast are carrying E-10 blasters -- the same that the mudtroopers carry.    Additionally -- these blasters have visible electronics (lights)

3.  There IS a DLT, but it's being carried by a Mudtrooper, NOT a Mimban TK.    He is walking toward the camera and spins it flipping the barrel down and the stock up.   

I need another set of eyes on the background Mimban TKs to verify that they are actually carrying E-11s.    There is ZERO doubt that the main two featured guys are carrying E-10s though.

Ok so upon more viewings this weekend, observations for the command:

1.  Looks like some use E-10s, some use R1 E-11s

2.  The E-10s all appear with lit electronics 

3.  The E-11s do not appear lit

4.  I still maintain that the predominant configuration is  without backpack.  There are just two or three troopers with them - likely communication officers

5.  The two predominant featured troopers have E-10s, no pack, and the E-10s have lit electronics on their blasters

side note for trooping realism:   They do NOT have static bursts when they talk.

Thanks Scott, I think we are clear here:

-Pack is an optional accessory, not required for PO 

-Blaster is required, either R1 E-11 or E-10 (electronics aren't required) it just has to look right. 

Now we have to address the existing CRL and the level 2 requirements and check if everything is correct, so we can finally create simething like this for the Mimban Trooper PO:

• Upvote 1