Shires Syhon

welshchris77

Hey folks, I have found someone selling a shires syhon in the wild, its not the UP90 but a UP85, does this clear at higher levels?, also the price is quite high, equivalent to around 50 us dollars posted, is it worth it?, I already have a UP80 but it looks a little short, I am a bit of a stickler for accuracy :blush:

Hi Chris, the UP80 you already have looks cool too, especially knowing that you got it from your parents' old house, that's great! :)

The UP85 should be okay, most important thing is that it looks right with all the other elements of the pack, e.g. the height of the radio, but I guess the difference to the UP90 will be rather small. 

50 Dollars posted seems a fair price, considering that UP 90 and 100 are sold for premium prices nowadays. 

• Like 1

UP80 is alittle bit too short - 2,5 cm. But you can certainly extend it easily. UP85 is better - it only lacks 1.25 cm.  But remember, not all packs have a UP90, a few have the UP100!

• Like 1

That's great having found the UP80 at your parents. As bigwam mentioned it's all about the right dimensions in relationship to the other pack components.

But I would definitely buy the UP85, having one extra won't hurt :)

• Like 1