The thrill of it all......

Dewback_droppings

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and spent two hours just picking out items for the backpack project. I got so caught up in the whole process of finding items that could be used for something other than their intended purpose. I know that I am sounding like a total noob right now, but I now see how much fun all of this costuming stuff actually is! I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! I just thouhgt that I would share with you that a new convert is on his way. If the pack is this much fun, I can't wait for the armor, helmet, BFG, etc. Thanks for all of your help and for all of the patience you have shown with my rookie questions. You all have made this possible. I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks again.

The cashier was probably used to Christmas shoppers all day. When I put all my stuff up on her counter, she gave me such a look! Toilet plunger, salsa bowls, office supplies, hoses, wire, etc. It's hard to explain to someone why you are standing in the middle of the aisle with two storage tubs on your back! It must have looked wierd!

Over the past four years i've accumulated so much stuff due to always being on the lookout for prop parts. I think once you're in that mindset, it's hard to pass up buying/liberating/permanently borrowing things that have the right look- in fact i've got enough to probably come up with another backpack altogether. That is, if I could stop sticking more crap on the one that's already "done".

I remember running around trying to find all my back-pack parts... good times. The best part was finding the Battery boxes! I think I had more fun putting my backback together than I did with my armor. I spent probably three weeks going to every Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot and othe craft store in a 20 mile radius.

LMAO! yeah, theres nothing like all the wierd looks I've gotten over the years picking up bits and pieces and trying to explain what I was going to cut/ glue/ modify it into. It's amazing how your outlook changes, and you can just "see" the potential in little bits and pieces.