Duden15s Move along Helmt

Duden15

OK, so I have finally decided to go for SWAT.

First which trooper do I want to emulat? Since I have the version 3 backpack and all the pouches, I'm going to try the "Move along" Captain. I am starting with the helmet, it is a RS kit. Constructive feedback is always welcome.

First a reference pic.

screenshot331d5jjat.jpg

img_0624uckgx.jpg

img_0623u7j8z.jpg

img_0625uxjn4.jpg

The next stap will be the ears.

• Like 1

Hey Paul, hearing that you are going for SWAT is great mate! :)

Your helmet already looks really promising, keep in mind that the right ear is a lot closer to the tear than the left one. 

Looking forward to seeing your progress. 

• Like 1

Thanks Urs, had that marked on my ref pics but forgott to do it :6:.

Here is the Progress from yesterday. I'm quite happy how it turned out, still need to do a bit work on the ear

img_0672kqj4x.jpg

img_06758mk4u.jpg

img_06765ljc7.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Paul, the allignment looks almost perfect now and I know how hard it can be to get this right.

I don´t want to be a pain in the ... and I know that I´m a bit fussy about this but have a look at these comparisons:

hnyjtdga.jpg

in these pics you can see that the front trap overlaps the eye quite a bit while the ear is set back a little further, so it doesn´t meet the the line I have drawn from the trap at the top in the middle which is actually the case with your ear:

prxs2bvu.jpg

I think taking everything apart again and making a new allignment will be quite difficult now, especially as the trap and eye allignment on the other side is good, so I don´t know if I would suggest that. I think it looks good the way you´ve built it. 

Ok, thanks Urs. Your not a pain in the ... I really appreciate your oppinion. I changed the positioning, it should be much better now and the left side looks good too. Here are the comparison pics.

pq8u39ax.png

g4z675yd.png

The Dome on the left side is a bit to high, but that is easy to fix (noticed it after I took the picture). I think the trap looks better than befor.

• Like 1

I think it looks great now, I'm excited to see it with the ears on, keep up the great work Paul! :)

@welshchris77, sadly Paul is right, RS hasn't done any more of those helmets... I would have given quite a lot to get an RS HDPE helmet. 

• Like 2

Hey Paul, nice work. That cut in the left ear is an easy fix, apart from this, the alignment is perfect, the overhang at the bottom looks great. :duim:

The alignment of the trap and the eye on the right side looks good too but now the distance between the ear and the tear seems a little too small to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, RoCKo said:

Good work, Paul! I’ll keep watching with interest!  

Thank you Roger.

Didn't had much time lately so only a little update, I cut out the teeth. Still need to clean up the edges, I'm not 100% satisfied.

d7wmryt9.jpg

om52582o.jpg

nxownsxd.jpg

vj3j8ts9.jpg

21 hours ago, Hausi said:

It's always good to cut out less in the first go, you can still work on the details using some model maker files, that's the way I always do it. 

Same here! You can always sand, file or even cut a little more...

• 1 month later...