Helmet question

Rolf

This AP helmet goes a bit round on the neck down to the hot dog.

Ive seen some pic of gino helmets (e.g Brakes buddy armor pic from hes site), and they look like this (i think).

but i also seen some shots of TE (e.g Mike Harrison site) , and the dont have the same round in the neck, but goes more directly down to it.

I know that AP have done both version on the neck, round and directly.

I dont know if it is somthing to do about the vacum job, or a different version on the neck on org. anh helmets.

So... My question is:

what is the most accurate, a little bit round in the neck or more directly down to the hot dog.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Yeah... Yeah thanks Jack. Thats it.

See see the neck is different on Jack´s GF then mine AP on the picture.

Another thing.

Jack´s is a hero helmet (the top helmet edge/smaller), mine is a stunt (more wide and round, like TE).

AP first versions was like GF neck but whit stunt top head like TE, but now like i show here whit another neck, but still stunt top head like TE.

If you dont get it, i will take some pictures asap.

AAAAahhh ppppuuuuhhhhhaaa THANKS Paul, you got it right.

Sorry if i was a bit bad to express my self there, well iam trying.

But listen to this. In english: On the head and on the neck.

In danish: PÃ¥ hoved og i nakken.

After owning and/or constructing three TE helmets and about six AP helmets, one thing I noticed is that the pre-cut holes on the AP, that make it easy to assemble, also give it an inaccurate look, to some extent. All the original helmets were assembled slightly different from each other, but I think the ones that TE owned have become the benchmark for the ideal screen-accurate look. With that said, the ears need to swoop back more... more than the pre-defined holes on the AP helmet would have you believe.

Just an observation.

Yup, don't use the suggested hole marks on an AP. my lid is peppered with holes. poor little bugger looks like a salt shaker on the inside. Also, dont trim the ear pieces down all the way like me cos you'll have an ENORMOUS gap.

hey **, you live and learn.

AP's are good practice for when you get ya TE2 *drifts away on a little fluffy TE lid shaped cloud in his mind*

TE2? *ahem* i'm ready!!

Guys -

I'm a little lost here - are we talking about the rounded lower edge that start at the Hovi Mix Mic tips and goes around the helmet? My GF was a hero that I turned into a Stunt.

Thanks,

jack

Yeah you got it Jack, it is the rounded lower edge iam talking about.

Its bigger on my AP helmet then youres, because there is a little rounding on the neck down to it, and therefor "bigger"/hotdog .

Stunt vs. hero. I know the difference is if you have flat or round green glass in.

But i also read some where for a long time ago, that someone also define it because of the top helmet.

Stunt: wide and round as e.g TE.

And hero: smaller like GF.

i dont know if you can define helmets on that also, or only by the green glass.

The best 5 armors out there, that i know about is:

TE/TE2, GINO, TM, SDS, GF/ AP.

AAAHHRhhhhh.

Maby i just have to buy the rest 4 ones, so i have em all.

But what is the best succession???.

One thing, i only seen GT, GF/AP in my life time.

Others armors i only seen on the net.

It will be easyer to choose if there was a k market for imperial armors, in your neighbour hood. So you can see and feel them before buying.

Peace out bro´s.

Thanks Rolf,

That helped - I was kind of lost.

Jack v.

Iam glad, and sorry for my hot dog talk. Just dont know what i should call it, my english is ok i think. But some time it can be a bit hard to find the words for strange armor parts ex.

The best from here my friend.