BAPTY E11 BLASTER 3D MODEL

A few years ago, I bought a Sterling SMG Mark IV L2A3 parts kit. My plan was to create molds to reproduce accurate parts to build a few blasters. My efforts were only partially successful. Frustrated, I abandoned the project and set the kit aside.

Fast forward, and last year a friend of mine bought a 3D printer. By trade, I am a mechanical designer with access to a very nice piece of modeling software, SolidWorks. I decided the way to move forward on my quest to acquire an extremely accurate E11 blaster would be to develop 3D models by measuring parts from my kit and having my friend print them.

I researched information on the accessories that transformed a Sterling into an E11. Lots of good stuff out there. I bought a replica 1943 M38 tank scope and modeled that. Same for t-tracks and power cylinders. The only thing I couldn’t find a satisfactory level of detail on, was the Hengstler counter. In full disclosure, I borrowed one from Thingiverse.

After making a 3D model of an ANH E11, I decided to try my luck at recreating a Bapty. Most of the modeling had already been done. I just needed to make the right modifications. Again, after much research, I made a model that I think is pretty close.

I am not yet what I would call an expert on the Bapty. I am appealing to your collective expertise as seasoned veterans of the MEPD. I am attaching some pictures of the complete model. I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

TK-14082
Carolina Garrison

KSwbrvV.jpg

g7e5Xfv.jpg

w1SxYRo.jpg

ebdBo6q.jpg

AMwO6ou.jpg

R6lykUi.jpg

k6JRlsj.png

uAGagJ7.png

n4VNHwD.png

U0Cf6cs.png

hCKPvCF.png

uXGhDzj.png

7Ya70hX.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just said the same over at the RPF board, I always thrilled to see what 3D modelling can do nowadays!

Buuuut... since I’m from the older days... get it printed, I need to see a real life piece!    :peace:

• Like 1

It was pointed out to me that the grip I modeled resembled a MCG Sterling rather than an L2A3. I scrapped the first grip and modeled a new one with a more rounded profile. I’m much happier with this one.

XdyBcM0.png

QJ0QI88.png

• 2 weeks later...
I just said the same over at the RPF board, I always thrilled to see what 3D modelling can do nowadays!
Buuuut... since I’m from the older days... get it printed, I need to see a real life piece!    :peace:

Just got these pictures from the guy printing the Bapty!

FkJluCC.jpg

7FOeTqz.jpg

Looks good:duim: 

Just the grip seems a little too boxy, maybe it can be sanded down too have a more rounded appearance. 

I would also suggest having a real metal scoperail and triggerguard. 

...and adding a piece of wood in the magazine, that really sells it. 

• Like 1