Special Edition Sandtrooper Build

MrFlavaFlave

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:18 PM, MrFlavaFlave said:

Armor arrived on Friday and I have begun the trimming process. I will take photos after the trimming is complete and after I have sanded down the edges. The overlap system of the RotJ is much easier than the ANH Sandy. Is there any chance I could be provided with the draft of the SE Sandy CRL to follow?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8lcQRTywc9RFV4Z05XUHRFdVE/view

Hey, dunno if this is what you're after but I pulled it from the old thread, I think its the most recent CRL that was posted but unsure. I may or may not be trying to follow along with an armour I recently got so look forward to watching the progress

I appreciate the file and yes it will be need to updated quite a bit. Here is what I found in my research as well as the photos I have.

• NO ANH or ESB armor will work, even for lower levels as All SE sandtroopers are using ROTJ replica armors from the Star Wars tours in 1995.
    • There are no mods to their armor at all. It simply a ROTJ cast and utilizes all of the ROTJ CRL  (exception is the shoulder straps) .
  • Must be a black ANH pauldron or a rubber cast pauldron to simulate an ANH look.
  • Shoulder bells must have foam padding inside.
  • Boots can be from ROTJ or ANH.
  • Back pack should NOT be optional as all SE sandtroopers are visually wearing them on screen.
  • ROTJ E-11 blaster only.

That should do it for the SE sandtrooper and I have photos to prove all that is mentioned above. I am so excited to work on this and plan to update the thread this weekend with new photos. I have been working on the trimming and plan to sand this weekend.

Thanks!

• Like 2

:D

On 7/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, CrookKnight said:

Below is where I am at on the pack.  The top left piece is ready to be molded.  The bottom left piece has already been molded and what you see is the vacuum formed piece.  The top piece is going to be slightly redone.  The top right tube is a found part (thermos).  We are currently working on molding the base.  Next piece we are working on is the bottle piece between the thermos and the upper left box.  Going for 100% accuracy on this pack.

67059263_10218229971447956_8834363500097

Great progress Shawn, very nice looking pack!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry I have not updated this thread. I have had a hard time with the loss of my friends and working on the helmet. I am not posting all of the photos, as there are too many. I am uploading what I think you all want to see and I am almost to the finish line. Stand by for more photos!

There is an another thread on the SE research that I used as basis for my research and I also used the one on the whitearmor.net. Here is what I have found and I hope this further helps to complete the CRL and possible PO and SWAT reference builds.

0SQAopT.jpg

Starting from left to right:

Trooper 1: wearing RotJ TK boots, missing ammo pouch from belt, no rivets on the belt for holster, standard RotJ suit, ANH pauldron, no foam padding inside shoulder bell, RotJ E-11, and standard backpack.

Trooper 2: small separation of white U-trim around the thigh, no white U-trim on the bottom of the chest plate, RotJ boots, ANH pauldron, no foam underneath shoulder bells, standard RotJ suit, no rivets on belt for holster, RotJ E-11, and standard backpack.

Trooper 3: RotJ armor suit, ANH TK boots, foam padding underneath shoulder bell, RotJ E-11, neoprene or rubber pauldron, not sure on the rivets on the belt, I believe the last two troopers are using a 1st version of the backpack (need to confirm with Crooknight).

Trooper 4: weathered heavily compared to the other four, neoprene or rubber pauldron, RotJ armor suit, RotJ E-11, ANH TK boots, not sure on the rivets, and 1st version backpack (?)

nVDUZZ6.jpg

The trooper above is Ted Gagliano and he did not move in this scene and is the fifth SE sandtrooper. He is using a RotJ armor suit, has rivets on the belt from where the holster should have been, backpack, RoTJ E-11, and no TK boots (wearing shoes) as he did not want to move in the sand. See photo below.

JHwqrz5.jpg

I plan to update as I find more information, but I believe this is all that there is on the SE sandtroopers. I hope to find more photos...

• Like 2

I have glued the body, the thighs, shoulder bells, and the arms. I will try them on tomorrow and get more photos. I am just waiting on the backpack and the blaster. I am also needing to complete the helmet and get this armor all nice and dirty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great work so far, but I do have to admit that I find the SE Sandie more than a little unsettling. So similar to the originals, but also SOOOO very different. LOL

Looking forward to seeing you filthy-up those shiny white plates. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadBatch said:

Great work so far, but I do have to admit that I find the SE Sandie more than a little unsettling. So similar to the originals, but also SOOOO very different. LOL

Looking forward to seeing you filthy-up those shiny white plates. :D

Thank you sir and I am excited too! The SE sandies are based off of the ROTJ TK so the costume is different than the ANH version. I am excited for the weathering too!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone!! It is with such sorrow that the ANH SE Sandtrooper will not happen. I am not able to secure a backpack. I will keep the ROTJ TK and just weather it to match the battle of Endor.

Thanks to all who followed and I am still available to help with the CRL.

4 minutes ago, MrFlavaFlave said:

Hello everyone!! It is with such sorrow that the ANH SE Sandtrooper will not happen. I am not able to secure a backpack. I will keep the ROTJ TK and just weather it to match the battle of Endor.

Thanks to all who followed and I am still available to help with the CRL.

Aww that’s too bad man. Maybe down the road you can convert to a SE Sandy!

• Like 1