*in progress* TD-58775 Requesting Deployment

NAME:   Ben Hoak

ID #:  TD-58775

501st LINK:  https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30654

FORUM NAME:   hoakypoaky

GARRISON:   Central California Garrison

ARMOR/HELMET:   RS Propmasters commission

BOOTS:   TK Boots

PAULDRON:  RS Propmasters

POUCHES:  RS Promasters (shoulder) / Trooperbay (belt)

BLASTER:  Etsy seller (can't remember)

BACKPACK:  RS Propmasters

Well I figured it's about time to get the ball rolling on this.   Just looking for PO approval at the moment, not "Move Along" SWAT at this time.   This was a custom build from RS Propmasters, but it took me awhile to get it modded & adjusted to fit my body.   Hoping this will be a fairly simple process, as the parts came from the original ANH molds.   I modded the inside of helmet & welders lenses myself.    I know my trooping resin E-11 needs to be weathered, so I'm working on that right now.   Disregard the  electronic 1996 Hasbro blaster that is also pictured.    Hopefully I can get these images posted properly from Imgur :)  Looking forward to getting approved!

bpxwR5k.jpg

eiZz2lk.jpg

syznNA2.jpg

0H5IxVH.jpg

zK0wIoV.jpg

mND7Oau.jpg

0n1m3pu.jpg

S79bVsM.jpg

ttEEo02.jpg

YVbq3C9.jpg

2nUiHRU.jpg

V8U1jdP.jpg

SAnUkID.jpg

UugeSxG.jpg

dOX9VL8.jpg

mSG35xH.jpg

5zXP6dl.jpg

gz06vHf.jpg

cRXResn.jpg

7pU9DCP.jpg

KCl3m5u.jpg

C0RgEx0.jpg

XfMLzOJ.jpg

CnjvU0x.jpg

48kyL81.jpg

krrrp7D.jpg

8YPdRHx.jpg

6QJ30FV.jpg

D8iX2Tq.jpg

CCqsYjU.jpg

fNwUtKZ.jpg

3plf2mD.jpg

0nI9i6L.jpg

2E6LddV.jpg

MpZaWiq.jpg

IqkOAeD.jpg

IJZnSH6.jpg

ZDTNOme.jpg

This was also I thing I was woundered.
And I think the colour of your seed trays and bottles is to “blue”.
I think it should be a little bit darker/gray.
Don’t know the RAL code at the moment but I can sort it out.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, bigwam said:

do you have the thighs attached to the outside of the belt?

p3zcnqcd.jpg

That's a black nylon loop attached to the top of the thigh armor.  The belt passes through it.   That's how it came from RS Propmasters.  

Hello Ben, welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an MEPD deployed officer. 

I will be taking care of your application doing the review but before I can do so, please request Sandtrooper access and status here:

You have done a good job in making your armor fit, I think it looks good and suits you well.

However, Bigwam and DerGummo are right, first of all, you should be wearing a belt under your armor to which the elastics holding the thighs in place should be fixed. They definitely shouldn´t  be fastened to your ammobelt mate.:sweat: Please sort that out. 

I can already tell you that you will have to adjust a few things on your pack: the color should be bluish grey/battleship grey with a satin finish, the RAL code is 7031 but I suppose you guys in the US can´t use this, so please roam the other threads to find the correct color, e.g. this one in which the color used is called "lake blue":

The bottles on your pack are too thin, I would suggest getting some with a larger diameter.

Finally: Rubies or Hasbro toy blasters aren´t allowed anymore, your other (ETSY) blaster will be fine, just make it look used by drybrushing and/or weathering.

Keep up the good work and keep those new pics coming.

Cheers mate.

13 minutes ago, DerGummo said:

Normally you use a single belt für the loops and you wear it under the armor.

Ah I see.  Wasn't aware about the extra belt under the armor. I'll have to change that & take another pic

Just curious what kind of belt most of you use underneath your armor to attach the thighs.    Like a simple nylon belt?  I'm just worried it will slide down under the armor & I wont be able to pull it up when trooping.   

EDIT:  You know now that I'm thinking, I think I did receive a nylon belt with the armor, but I had no idea what to do with it.  I'll have to go back though my case & see if it's still in there.   Sorry for the dumb questions.  My first official troop was last weekend & I'm just learning as I go here.   No one pointed out the belt to me.  

So address the belt, weather the blaster, then deal with the backpack last.

I wear a nylon belt and hold it up with some braces (I hope google translate did a good job with this word/ in Germany it’s Hosenträger). So they can’t slide down.

I made the nylon belt myself. It just sits above my hips so it won't slide down.

In one of the troopermaster armor build video's it shows how to make one.

I use a leather belt and created a new hole to make it super tight. I also pull the back side as high as I can so it does not slide down. I have completed over 10 troops and lots of walking in it with no problems.

Best of luck on your deployment.