Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hausi

Tunisian Bapty 2.0 - time for an upgrade

Recommended Posts

Hey my fellow dirty dudes:salute:

after seeing my fellow deployment officer Thomas´new Doopy build, I was so in for an upgrade of my own modded Doopy build.

Here´s what it looked like at the beginning, it was indeed my very first E-11 build... and definitely a lot of room for improvement.

33611166438_d7f6a9824a_b.jpg

Wasn´t very happy with the paintjob on the scope so I made a new one:

40521818803_9052feb280_b.jpg

But in the last weeks I completely reworked the whole blaster... wasn´t very easy to take it apart and sand it down.

33611313498_f0ea5324ee_b.jpg

made a new trigger guard and scoperail:

40521966203_c72e69084f_b.jpg

and added a lot of small details:

46572673485_d60ea6f883_b.jpg

47435090322_5ce826c26c_b.jpg

also remodelled the backpart to emulate the original cast aluminum back with those seams:

46572677215_ec48da27cf_b.jpg

So the back was spraypainted in a silver colour while the rest of the blaster was spraypainted with a gunmetal and a light coat of chocolate brown and black. I then masked off certain areas to give it that used look with paintchips. Finally I gave it a new paintjob using the same wrinkle spray paint Thomas has already used in his build. I also added the wire wrapped in red cloth on the power cylinders.

The counter is a real vintage Hengstler but has a plastic box at the front on which I have cut out the square in the middle. The mag is real too... with real wood!:peace:

The cartridge ejection is made of metal bend and cut into shape... because only painting it silver wasn´t enough anymore.

As I really want this to be the blaster of the Move Along Captain, I have also added the little greeblie on top of the scope... although I think that there might even be two of those greeblies according to the following picture. Let me now what you think.

40522054253_ecd94c2410_b.jpg

And here it is:

33611377728_726cbc31a8_b.jpg

47435184152_6eca2f0d7a_b.jpg

32546109657_280dd4f5bc_b.jpg

47435186652_9f97bf00b5_b.jpg

47435187722_d671cf2902_b.jpg

47487983101_0dff59ae1f_b.jpg

32546116207_1acddb893c_b.jpg

47435189162_2220b94c8b_b.jpg

32546112947_e1e65a6c27_b.jpg

47435190732_eabcbc7b60_b.jpg

And here´s a comparison shot between the Doopy and my real Sterling heavy metal build:

46572775715_ab07753c73_b.jpg

Cheers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waaayyyy better! Great update, Urs!   :duim:

 

I’m personally am no big fan of the major paint chips but more of the subtle scratches and dimples but that’s just my personal flavor! Beside my personal taste on this behalf the Blaster looks really great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work, Urs!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I just realized that all my pictures have disappeared - thank you flickr - I am using a new hosting site. 

I have done quite some changes to my Bapty again, as I want it to be SWAT-worthy and when looking at some pics of the Move Along Trooper, I noticed that his Bapty is quite special: I think I can identify two greeblies on top of the scope (not just shadows;)) , furthermore does this Bapty have a remarkable difference as far as the T-tracks are concerned. The lower two T-tracks on the right side are shorter, leaving the last hole next to the ejection port uncovered and - I am not completely sure of this - this also goes for the third T-track, so took out my dremel and dremeled off the existing -tracks (keep in mind that it´s a Doopy) and added new ones from Super6. I also adjusted my weathering once again, trying to emulate the paintchips of the screen-used prop. I also adjusted the bend on the trigger guard to match the reference.

Here´s what my blaster looked like before:

k5weuwje.jpg

6bzulym9.jpg

ym9v3a8x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the reference pics I´m talking about:

qxmcfplt.jpg

One can immediately identify the two greeblies on top of the scope:

p8cb8m36.jpg

And here you can see the holes that have been left uncovered:

6v4pjmgo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And finally what my Move-Along-Bapty looks like:

qfvqhxps.jpg

maybe it´s going to stay like this for a while... until I notice another crucial detail/characteristic of this specific blaster.:sweat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I think that the hole closest to the ejection port was somehow filled up... at least it looks different than the other ones,

Cheers mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Work and great Details Urs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Thomas, hearing that from the blaster master of desaster is an honor :peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...