Henselmonster DLT-19 Bapty - 3D Printed

Finally moving forward with the last thing holding me back from pursuing SWAT, my DTL19 Bapty! 

I live in an apartment and I don't really have a place I could cut and grind a buttstock out of wood, so I figured I would try to model it. I am not that experienced in modeling but I tried my best! 

I designed this to fit my other DLT19 blaster files by TDK Props (you can order their files from their Facebook page). Special thanks to @bigwam for the references and measurements 

ds7Sp5c.png

dsrRbtf.png

rZuANBH.png

ubVX8xF.png

I759v50.jpg

L9VJ4zR.jpg

6Ivlcgp.jpg

If you want to print your own, I am sharing the files with whoever wants them. You can download it here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3482953

One day I do want to make one out of wood, but I am loving how lightweight this is. It is just about 2lbs for the whole blaster, so super convenient for long troops and parades. 

Its not perfect, but with some TLC with filler primer and Bondo I think I can get this into shape. Its a WIP, I will for sure update along the way!

• Like 4

3d seems like more work than wood at times! Lol... looking good brother.
Will you be adding a screw to make a removable charging handle?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jcalus said:

3d seems like more work than wood at times! Lol... looking good brother.
Will you be adding a screw to make a removable charging handle?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Haha very true. Lots more work than just hitting print thats for sure. The changing handle is a friction fit 5/8" dowel rod. I am printing the rest of the blaster hardware right now, my goal is to have this be removable and swappable with a standard DLT19 receiver eventually. Then I can switch back and forth when I want! 

• 3 weeks later...

More updates, barrel is complete, also got the bipod to be functional. In order to prevent the bipod from falling accidentally while trooping I installed some strong magnets to hold it up.

Just need to wrap up the last round of sanding then add some primer to the stock and get painting. Just printed the retention screws for the bipod hub and I have my t-tracks, I just need to cut them to size. 

oYJvWBZ.jpg

Xk9bVtE.jpg

vOUR1Tr.jpg

PkFE2sO.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Looks great! Are barrel and bipod already painted? 

Thanks! They are, with some silver dry brushing, but I still want to add some more brown-red wash over it and add some more weathering

1 hour ago, RoCKo said:

Geez, that is cool! I’m not that much for 3D printed stuff but that’s clearly gorgeous work!

Well done, John, well done!   :duim:

Thanks! I swear I spend more time working on 3D printed project than regular kits, resin or wood props I have built. So much work to get it to look right.

• 9 months later...

Nice work, looking really good.

As you said it’s a great option for people that don’t have the space or time to do the wood work. I also like the idea of being able to swap out the bapty parts for the regular parts on the fly. 

2 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

This is amazing, but the files are just the handle, is not a complaint, but, where do I find the rest?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

I purchased the files for the front end from TKD Props on facebook. I created my stock to matchup with their files.