Looking to making my Clean TK dirty.

MickeyMark

I am a 501st member with the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. I currently have an Anovos Original Trilogy Stormtrooper. I have big plans in motion. I am hoping to get an AM kit and build that as a TK and convert my current kit to a TD. I am looking at videos on the weathering process and looking forward, when the time comes, to getting dirty. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I’ll post up pictures when I start my process.

• Like 1

Welcome to the dirty side! My suggestion is take your time, do your research. Lots of great weathering methods. There is a lot more to the sandy than just the dirt! Lots of interesting history behind this costume. Always refer back to the films for your reference. You can never go wrong there! If you have any questions never hesitate to ask. Looking forward to your TK conversion! 

:td::salute:

• 10 months later...

Good luck! It's a fun process, and it never ends! haha Make sure to take your time, shooting for a high caliber of accuracy can be really fun. I found a video over on trooperbay.com about weathering that was really helpful for me in the beginning (It's the acrylic paint method)

As the others have said, plenty of weathering techniques out there so take your time, try a few methods and see what works for you.

Also try to match the look of others in your garrison. When your all together at a troop you want to look like you all come from the same place.