Duden15 Backpack Build (Pack 3)

Duden15

First testfit, forgot to put on my neckseal :whistling:.

Still need to attach the ladpipe, the tuperware lid and the pouch on the shoulder. It's surprisingly quit comfortable.

32294812577_0b91648760_c.jpg

46513361754_ba34fc8e49_c.jpg

46513357434_bba70e5fba_c.jpg

46513362844_53e1d325b7_c.jpg

40271962163_8dcc688f19_b.jpg

47184825312_c47093bfc1_c.jpg

46513359724_011d0053f0_c.jpg

46513356244_4eb633f5e8_c.jpg

The canteen is rubbing against my butplate,  which you can see by the gray and black colour. I guess that is normal?

46513360744_f0ccbb4434_b.jpg

46513366004_0bbd4ff6a2_b.jpg

21 hours ago, RoCKo said:

Looking really good! Just lift the whole pack up!

Upper end of the bottle should be just a little deeper than  the hight of your shoulders/pauldron!

Thank you, so I should leave the lad pipe on the pack? Will try to shorten the straps, then the pack should come up abit. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Looking good already but I would try to lift it up even further. Something else: as I assume you are building this pack to SWAT level standards, I would suggest shortening the top end of the mortar tube. Have a closer look at RoCKo's pic and at this application:

There you can find even more details which should be considered. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Looking good already but I would try to lift it up even further. Something else: as I assume you are building this pack to SWAT level standards, I would suggest shortening the top end of the mortar tube. Have a closer look at RoCKo's pic and at this application:

There you can find even more details which should be considered. 

Thanks for the reference. Your right I tried to build the pack after SWAT level standarts, thats why I was so confused when airborne trooper mentioned the lad pipe. So I assume there are two different pack 3, the "Move along" pack (without lad pipe and bend frame) and the "Alley check" pack (with lad pipe and straight frame). Am I right? Or is that the same pack? I'm really confused now.

I see what you mean with the mortar tube, it should end with the plunger cap. It although appears that the mortar tube is parallel to the upper seedtray, I'd need to fix that too.

I thought you were going for the cantina captain because of the weathering of your chest piece. That pack has the lab pipe. The Move Along pack didn't have it. I guess we can assume that those were actually the same same pack, except for the labpipe and some adjustments that might have been made during filming. We can't say for sure whether the frame was bend further for the Move Along pack, maybe it was just the camera angle that made the alley check/cantina captain pack look straight. 

• Like 1

Ok, this is as far up as it goes! A bit more and the straps would choke me....

If I'd try SWAT one time I'll have to chance my whole weathering.

Had no one to take the picture.

40284137133_17c5ccd86d_c.jpg

This is the pack I was aiming for. The Pack 3 "Move along" I guess?

40284132903_78cfc5d6d4_c.jpg

I'll try to shorten and chance the angel of mortar tube tomorrow.

Oh don't worry about that, your pack is going to pass for PO with flying colours mate, it's an awesome pack.:duim:

I was just trying to make suggestions so you can spare some time and additional work should you decide to go for SWAT. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hausi said:

Oh don't worry about that, your pack is going to pass for PO with flying colours mate, it's an awesome pack.:duim:

I was just trying to make suggestions so you can spare some time and additional work should you decide to go for SWAT. 

Thanks Urs, I really appreciate that. :salute:  Don't get me wrong, the Pack is for passing PO level, but I want to build it after SWAT standarts. So it is suposse to be the the first Version of Rolfs breakdown. I'm still not sure if I want to go for SWAT on some day but if I choose a trooper with fieldback, it will be this one. So I want to finish this build on the level I started. When I did my weathering, I looked on some screen caps and liked the weathering on the chest of the cantina captain. That why it looks a bit like the cantina captain....

To do list:

1. shorten the mortar tube to the lengh of the plunger cap
  2. change the angel of the mortar tube
  3. remove the lad pipe
  4. mount tuperware lid
  5. install the shoulder pouch

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

I changed the mounting of the mortar tube. Now I use the upper screw of the frame, like in the movie.

Tried to take the photo at the same angel as seen on the screen cap. Looks much better. So the only thing missing is the tuperware lid.

33380336028_7618798a5c_c.jpg

46532199054_41821c0188_h.jpg

1 hour ago, RoCKo said:

Niiiiceee!

Always glad to see a movie accurate pack come to life, sadly that also means the build is almost over!    :rolleyes:

Thanks, I have enought stuff to finish so I'm happy when the pack if ready.

1 hour ago, Hausi said:

Looks great:duim: but the mortartube is still way too long, at least compared to the screnngrab.

Do you mean the space between the controllpanel and the endcap?

46344357925_e688683753_b.jpg

I have reduced that, it looks better now. I haven noticed that bwfore you mentioned it. Thanks

47207029772_0ee7fea830_b.jpg

Truly beautiful. 

I guess I will take your pack as an inspiration how to improve my own pack. :duim:

The only thing I see room for improvement is the area on the mortar tube with the paintruns (or glue... whatever it was), it looks a little blotchy. Furthermore I would move the tape on the lower tray on the side where the syphon is mounted a little further down. 

2 hours ago, Hausi said:

Truly beautiful. 

I guess I will take your pack as an inspiration how to improve my own pack. :duim:

The only thing I see room for improvement is the area on the mortar tube with the paintruns (or glue... whatever it was), it looks a little blotchy. Furthermore I would move the tape on the lower tray on the side where the syphon is mounted a little further down.

Thank you very much Urs, means a lot to me comming from you.

I have alredy lowerde the tape you mentioned, the paintruns, well I used liquid latex. Might try somthing diverent in the future. For now I'm happy.

14 minutes ago, 519 Trooper said:

Looking good. Love the weathering.

Thank you, just some dirt pigments.

I still need to figure out were to attach the shoulder pouch on the strap. Than I'll apply for PO.

1 hour ago, Duden15 said:

I still need to figure out were to attach the shoulder pouch on the strap. Than I'll apply for PO.

Attaching the shoulder pouch isn't such a big deal, use the loop on the canvas pouch to slide the backpack strap through, then secure it using a snap (I used one which I could attach with a screw as the material on the strap was too thick). 

Looking forward to seeing your application. :salute: