Repair advice

Plainsrunner

So I've had my first major wear damage to my armor.    It's worse than a crack unfortunately.    It occurred on the lip under my top breast plate (between top and bottom front torso pieces).  Anyone have any suggestions on how to address this?    Can it be addressed?      Do I instead need a replacement piece?

V6YGsZM.jpg

onsFGx5.jpg

bF3b4ge.jpg

That's a bummer - but, you can fix that.  Don't go buying new parts yet. 

You will need to remove the screw (of course), glue a piece of scrap plastic to the backside (re-drill hole for screw), and then use ABS paste to fill in the gap on the front.  The area with the ABS paste will need to be sanded and re-weathered.   Some people will actually use a bit of thin cloth with glue or resin before gluing on the scrap piece of plastic to reinforce the cracked area - you only really need this if you have tears propagating out from the broken area.

If you have any questions on any of the above, let me know.  There are tutorials out there for this sort of patch work.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys!   I've ordered some devcon.     For the scrap ABS -- I don't have any.   Do you think just buying a couple extension strips from trooper bay would work both for the splints and the paste?

https://trooperbay.com/abs-plastic-extension-strips