Another new trooper

Harenatrooper

Just wanted to say hello to all my fellow Sandies. Life goal achieved of joining the 501st Legion as a Sandtrooper. I was just approved earlier this month. I am from the Northern Darkness Garrison in Indiana USA. While it is just basic approval I took screen accuracy very serious in my build. It is an AM armor and helmet. My blaster is a Hyperfirm that was delivered in August just before they went defunct. Pauldron is by Trooper1. Large Spanish pouch (not visible in pic below) from Blaster 8266. My helmet is entirely hand painted by me. Never done anything like this before, but it was a very rewarding experience. Over the last 6 months of the build I have looked at almost every build thread here on MEPD for details and guidance. I'm especially grateful to SWAT #47 (TD-84414) for inspiration. I have tried to achieve a reasonable facsimile of the Road Block Captain Version 2.

44678929040_4c43a3098d_c.jpg

31555988657_704b0c48fd_c.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations! , and welcome to the dirty side! Nice work, your kit looks great. The cheese grater hand plates aren't seen as often as I think they should.. lol.. awesome to see another trooper wearing them.
Will you be going for PO? If so, looking forward to your build.

Jon.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I really like the cheese grater aesthetic as well. I need to find a set of them in latex.

I am debating PO, I really want to do it. But I have back problems, not sure how well I can deal with the extra weight. We shall see.

:td:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You did a great job on your build. I had a question for you about your AM armor?

I'm looking at AM because they are supposed to be for bigger and taller folks.

When you put yours together if you can recall would it be good for someone 6'2 without having to add shims to make it fit for height?

And most importantly what do you think of the quality of work AM does for the kit you got ?