Pouch Question

Hey all. About to pull the trigger on some ammo pouches. I’ll be doing a black pauldron version.

It looks like I need an mp40 for the shoulder and Id like to put spanish pouch on each side.  My 2 questions:

1) Which pouch material is considered most accurate for both the mp40 and spanish pouches?  Canvas or leather or a combo of both?

2)  Black pauldron TDs...should I be going w medium or large sized Spanish pouches?

Thanks so much for ur input!

20 hours ago, BadBatch said:

The links appear broken at the moment, but if you were going for a screen accurate trooper, the various pouch and pack configurations for the private (black pauldron) SHOULD
be shown on this page (again, link broken at the moment)

http://www.mepd.net/crl/private/

Thanks!  Yes Ive seen this...I would like to EVENTUALLY do one of those configs.  The pack will be the hold up till I can get that together.

I figure I can start compiling the pouches. Those links dont specify (if I remember right) the material of the pouches tho.  Ive seen full leather mp40s, full canvas, and then canvas ones w leather straps.  I cant seem to find which is most accurate to use in terms of that material.  Any ideas on that?   THX!