Back pack "angle"

Dewback_droppings

By "angle", I mean, the bend in the pack. The top box is angled on top of the bottom box in order to fit flush on the shoulder blades. How do you determine the angle of that bend? Questimate? Test fit? I thought about test fitting, but it would be different with armor on. Since I don't have armor yet, this would be difficult. Any insight into this matter would be great to help out this rookie. Thanks!

most everyone builds their backpacks so that they are two hinged pieces. That way, it will hang on you naturally and pivot depending on how you bend. I have seen a few who have built frames, but the packs in anh did not appear to be on a frame. There are two popular tutorials, one at tk409 for the "two rubbermaid boxes held together by bolts" (like mine-see gallery TD6025) and another where its two battery boxes held together with a hinge. (can't remeber where this was from) both look pretty good, and either way you can assemble a nice looking pack for about $50.

• 6 months later...