How to fix seedtrays

Darth Mout

Hi, does anyone know how to fix and attach seedtrays up-down? I mean how to attach the upper to the bottom seddtray. I know how to attach them to the frame. But i need to know how to attach the blue-gray one (1) to the bluegray one (2)  & the black one (1) to the black one (2).

There are different possibilities, when going for SWAT there shouldn't be any visible screws, some people just glue them together using E6000, others use zip ties that are attached to the frame and go through both seedtrays and some people have build some kind of frame that goes inside the seedtrays and that everything (also the accessories) is screwed into. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 5:07 PM, Hausi said:

There are different possibilities, when going for SWAT there shouldn't be any visible screws, some people just glue them together using E6000, others use zip ties that are attached to the frame and go through both seedtrays and some people have build some kind of frame that goes inside the seedtrays and that everything (also the accessories) is screwed into. 

Do you have some pics Urs? @Hausi

5 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hey Rodrigo, sorry mate, I don't have any pictures because I didn't need a pack for SWAT and on my PO pack the seedtrays are just screwed together. 

@bigwam maybe you can help? 

OK no problem URS, i´m going to use E6000 thanks!

Hi Rodrigo,

like Urs said, someone use glue, the othe zip tie or screws. You can use screws, if they are not visible.

I like screws, is something broken - open the screws ....

Look, that's how I solved it. The screws are under the radio, syphon, Tupperware ... you don´t see it. But, i something is broken, I can disassemble the pack completely again. without problems:

3y473exk.jpg

Regards, Thomas

• Upvote 1

You've got a couple of options for affixing the seed trays. If you're going for SWAT, then you trim the edges so they are totally flat. Then they'll slide apart and you'll need gaffer's tape to hold them together, just like in the movie.

However, if You're looking for a more practical solution that will keep them lined up, check out this post:

Charlie

• Upvote 1

I have attached mine with Zip ties like alot of others have. I found though that while trooping they shifted apart (up & down) so to fix the problem I made an internal frame to support the top tray so I am still able to split them apart should something break and have to be replaced. 

Because I built my own pack, I was able to reuse some of the parts left over from the build. My seed trays came as little green houses so the clear tops were left over. I used these to make the internal frame and they work well after a little bit of cutting 

UvJwKF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/24/2018 at 12:53 AM, bigwam said:

Hi Rodrigo,

like Urs said, someone use glue, the othe zip tie or screws. You can use screws, if they are not visible.

I like screws, is something broken - open the screws ....

Look, that's how I solved it. The screws are under the radio, syphon, Tupperware ... you don´t see it. But, i something is broken, I can disassemble the pack completely again. without problems:

3y473exk.jpg

Regards, Thomas

Thanks a lot @bigwam good idea you gave me bro.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:11 AM, crashmann said:

You've got a couple of options for affixing the seed trays. If you're going for SWAT, then you trim the edges so they are totally flat. Then they'll slide apart and you'll need gaffer's tape to hold them together, just like in the movie.

However, if You're looking for a more practical solution that will keep them lined up, check out this post:

Charlie

This is totally amazing @crashmann i think it is totally amazing. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 1:21 AM, Volksjager said:

I have attached mine with Zip ties like alot of others have. I found though that while trooping they shifted apart (up & down) so to fix the problem I made an internal frame to support the top tray so I am still able to split them apart should something break and have to be replaced. 

Because I built my own pack, I was able to reuse some of the parts left over from the build. My seed trays came as little green houses so the clear tops were left over. I used these to make the internal frame and they work well after a little bit of cutting 

UvJwKF.jpg

Nice bro @Volksjager ....how about weight..???