MrFlavaFlave

Field pack back problems!

Brother Troopers,

I did my first troop on 10/6 and had some pains in my shoulders and back from the field pack. I contacted one of our members and was recommended some straps across the chest to alleviate the pressure.

Any other recommendations? Does any other Sandtrooper have this problem?

Solutions, pictures, or have you just dealt with it?

Thanks,

David

Many folks have taken an old school backpack and cut the padded shoulders straps off to use on their sandtrooper backpack.

You could also use a few inches of elastic to connect the top of the frame to your shoulder straps. This would act as a shock absorber while you're walking.

I don't understand the mechanics, but the chest straps do alleviate some of the load off your shoulders. If you could find backpack straps with those already built in, that could save you some work.

Charlie

Same thing happens to me. After a couple of hours my left shoulder hurts, to the point where I have to take off the pack for a while. 

My old pack did it and my current one does too. 

It must be something to do with the straps, possibly too much weight on 1 side?

LMK if you come up with a fix. It really is a pain. Literally!

On 10/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, crashmann said:

Many folks have taken an old school backpack and cut the padded shoulders straps off to use on their sandtrooper backpack.

You could also use a few inches of elastic to connect the top of the frame to your shoulder straps. This would act as a shock absorber while you're walking.

I don't understand the mechanics, but the chest straps do alleviate some of the load off your shoulders. If you could find backpack straps with those already built in, that could save you some work.

Charlie

Yea I have spoken with a fellow Sand brother and he recommended these:

https://www.amazon.com/YYST-Webbing-Sternum-Backpack-Harness/dp/B019QAPPFO

I will see how they work.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:59 AM, Lee_C_77 said:

Same thing happens to me. After a couple of hours my left shoulder hurts, to the point where I have to take off the pack for a while. 

My old pack did it and my current one does too. 

It must be something to do with the straps, possibly too much weight on 1 side?

LMK if you come up with a fix. It really is a pain. Literally!

I feel you brother and I hope other Sand brothers will chime in and assist.

You could try to add some padding on your shoulders to make it less painfull. My guess would be that there is as you mentioned it yourself too much weight on one side or your pack isn't hanging straight on your back.