*DONE* TD-29185 Requesting Deployment

Andi85

Hi Andreas, welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming one of Mos Eisley´s finest. :salute:

Looking pretty good but the pictures are way too grainy and I cannot identify the details, e.g. the sew-on snaps on your shoulderstraps, please upload some higher resolution images.

I don´t know which picture hosting site your using (I for one am using flickr) but with most of them you shouldn´t upload the preview picture but click on the pic to enlarge it and then copy it to your application.

Hope it works out and I am looking forward to seeing some new pics.

Cheers mate.

Hi Andi,

The tubestripes are to low / to far out on the tubes.

Do you shorten the plastic under the brow trim? I believe putting the faceplate in a steeper angle would be a better way for the high brow look, but your helmet is good anyway.

250620124000_2_zpstc0mkxak.jpg

The chest could be overlap the abdominal a little bit more.

On the last pictures after the helmet in detail, the armor is on a puppet or else, right? 

I would bring down the chest a little bit, not to much. And a piece of elastic sticks out under your chest

The gap on your right, how big it is?

Can you put your forearms a little bit up to the biceps, so there will not be so much black anymore?

I miss a pouch on your shoulder, I believe there should be one if you carry a backpack.

What type of Syphon is this?

Overall the armourbuild is pretty cool.

I like the weathering :)

Hey Andreas,

time to get your review started:

Application Review: Part 1

Name: Andreas Koch

Legion ID: TD- 29185

Forum Name: Andi85

Garrison: German Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: see comments

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: see comments

*additional comments*

Nice helmet, although the way you have achieved the high brow look by cutting the dome instead of adjusting the angle of the faceplate is an unusual approach.

The tubestripes in general but especially on the the helmets left side (from the wearers perspective) are situated too low. please move them up to the blue line:

43662599015_7903e1b8f4_b.jpg

As far as your weathering is concerned, the contrast between the shiny white areas and the dirt seems to stand out a little too much for my liking, those white areas still look too clean and you have to add some basic light weathering.
 I would recommend giving it a wash with some watered down acrylics, black first and then some sand/earth colour, dab most of it off again using e.g. a paper towel before it dries.

RESULT ON HELMET

pending

Armor details

a. elastic straps shoulders: see comments

b. neck seal: check

c. black undersuit: check

d. shoulder bells: check

e. biceps: see comments

f. forearms: see comments

g. pauldron: check

h. chest / back plate: see comments

i. kidney / butt plate: check

j. ab plate / side rivets / cod: see comments

k. strapping system: check

l. thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: see comments

v. weathering: see comments

*additional comments*

Your armor was nicely built and suits you well but there are a few issues:

29633924777_1274df8b2d_b.jpg

1. You seem to be a big guy with broad shoulders, that is the reason why there is a gap between the chest and the ab  , you have to get rid of that gap, I would suggest you do that by shortening the strapping that connects the chest and the ab and to use longer white elastic shoulderstraps.

2. & 3. The gap between the biceps and the forearms is too big, but that should be an easy fix: pull the forearms closer to the biceps and attach them to it using elastic, that way it will probably also give you more freedom of movement in your wrists.

If you change the shoulderstraps, you will also have to change the snaps you have used

30701912988_c309edeb98_b.jpg

to sew-on snaps. The top of the shoulderstrap is supposed to look like this:

44572151341_845d0afd8d_b.jpg

30701910078_fc0e6dbd6c_b.jpg

The gap on the side between kidney and ab is too big, try to close the canvas belt properly (but don´t use too much force, that might crack your kidney), if it doesn´t work that way, I´m afraid you will have to shim the kidney/add additional ABS plates.

44522808772_e564d29c55_b.jpg

Please show me a picture of the other side of your cod rivet:

30701911398_f3403e8682_b.jpg

You need a shoulder pouch, either the typical canvas MP 40 or some leather Stolla Wien-like pouch.

Weathering:
The same that I have said about your helmet weathering can also be applied to the weathering of your armor, it´s too white and shiny, use the same procedure as suggested for the helmet to add some basic dirtiness to it.

When taking new pictures after having done these adjustments, please also add a pic of your back without a pack.

RESULT ON ARMOR

pending

Backpack

a. details: see comments

b. weathering: see comments

*additional comments*

You will have to get a different syphon as yours is too far off what was seen on screen. There are some accurate and reasonably priced replicas out there.

Your pack is too blue, I know that in the CRL it says bluish grey but yours seems to be rather baby blue, please change that, the colour being commonly agreed on being the most accurate is RAL 7031 in a satin finish.

RESULT ON BACKPACK

pending

Weapon

a. details: see comments

b. weathering: see comments

*additional comments*

Please show me a picture of the disc greeblie on your grip.

43853698474_43847c99fe_b.jpg

And as your blaster looks still factory fresh, give it a weathering to give it a well-used and battle worn look… go hunt some Jawas with it ;)

RESULT ON WEAPON

pending

Andreas, this was your first review, here at the MEPD we need some more big and menacing officers so keep up the good work, those changes shouldn´t be too difficult for you, you have already done a good job.

I´m looking forward to seeing some new pics of your improved gear soon.

Cheers mate

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer

• Upvote 1

Hi Hausi,

Thank you for the fast and detailed info. I will work on the days and work off the list. I then put the progress in here. If I have any questions I'll get back to you

Regards Andi :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hi Hausi,
I made the strokes on the helmet again and rewarmed again, the balster I have also let it age again, and attached the detail picture.
Now I'm just about to repaint the backpack pictures I send the days when it's done too. And I got new buttons for sewing on the shoulder. I will sew these up again on the weekend.

greetings Andi

20180902_164044_zpsyoeod6bq.jpg

20180909_165111_zpsm4xvfbm9.jpg

20180909_165123_zps3m9wtdy2.jpg

20180909_165141_zps8kyznbyx.jpg

20180909_165151_zpsjporctai.jpg

20180912_184057_zpsio1nrngs.jpg

20180912_184114_zpsrkk9bh6a.jpg

20180912_184048_zps3uf9nhqx.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Hausi,

I'm glad to hear that.
The balster is a full metal replica of Lomax (military store) and the bipod was bought at a military fair which is also original.

I have also repainted the backpack with the right RAL7031 color and made the siphon again at the same time.

The shoulder straps I have just made new with the corresponding buttons, the bands I have also extended so that the chest armor continues on the belly armor goes on it.

I already have an MP 40 ammunition bag, I'll do it all over the weekend and send the new pictures.

greetings Andi
:)

20180914_164348_zpsevngqabg.jpg20180914_164404_zpsmv8u15vv.jpg20180914_164429_zpsvle2e7js.jpg

20180914_192546_zps6aaaadfn.jpg20180914_192555_zpsn02mzz5m.jpg

Hi Andi,

That´s already looking really good. The gaps between the kidney and ab are gone.:duim:

the bluish grey colour on the seedtrays and bottles of your pack looks great now, good job. But what have you changed on the syphon? It´s still the same syphon which isn´t appovable. 

These rings are wrong:

43835740365_495e69e364_b.jpg

the other thing which isn´t suitable is the bottom end where the blue bottle is attached. Have a look, this is what the the one that was used looks like, this is a photo of my own pack and I have the syphon from RWA Creations:

40518440042_d76dc41e7c_b.jpg

it´s a replica part:

40518448992_1d13294f9b_b.jpg

If you are lucky, you might even find the original part which was a Shires UP 100 or 90 Syphon but those are very rare and expensive nowadays.

The other thing is that to me it looks like you haven´t changed anything about your weathering, some of your armour parts (e.g. the faceplate of your helmet and the legs) still look too white in between the occasional patches of dirt. 

Hi :)

all right then I will change that. I'll see if I get an original siphon. I will completely revise the amror. I'm afraid that it gets too much with the dirt. but I'm trying. what else would I have to change about my armor?

I will do everything nice and dirty again. I just found an original siphon Shires UP 100 now I have to wait until it arrives this will take a few days since it comes from England. In that time I finish the Armor.

20 minutes ago, Andi85 said:

I will do everything nice and dirty again. I just found an original siphon Shires UP 100 now I have to wait until it arrives this will take a few days since it comes from England. In that time I finish the Armor.

Amazing! Where the heck did you find that, Andi? I know that there's an auction for one on fleabay right now but the seller wants at least 90 pounds. 

You don't have to completely revise your weathering, just give it a wash with some light earth color. 

Nothing else to change on your armor. :duim:

• Upvote 1

Hi Hausi,

I thumped the Armor again, that's easy to see on the shoes. They had the same hue as the Armor.

the shoes are also steamed now, it just served to show how the color difference is now.

best regards Andi

20180919_161532_zps9hyixajw.jpg20180919_161417_zpsf8zsb6ux.jpg

20180919_161042_zpswrcmqjml.jpg

20180919_161537_zpsenrv3ohd.jpg20180919_161656_zpsffxbvhmd.jpg20180919_161711_zpsqynsmahl.jpg