Craft Foam Pouches

I wanted to throw this out there for anyone working on getting approval that needs to same some cash.

I made these craft foam pouches several years ago with the intent on finding (and being able to afford) leather ones.

I really can't believe it, but these things have held of for years now.  When I show them to other 501st guys they can't believe that they are craft foam.

I used super glue to keep them together, did all the little tricks to create the illusion of stitching, dusted they up well with some hairspray and fullers earth , and slide some foam in them to hold the shape better.

Have a look at the video I watched to do it  - 

Pretty neat,  but I had thought the CRLs required the pouches to be canvas, leather or leather-like. Leather like meaning a material like "pleather" or imitation leather, not craft foam.
So I would think these would not be approvable. 
@henselmonster - asking for clarity in case someone does make these pouches and goes for approval to find out that they are not.

@Fraulein Hard to say really. The wording is pretty vague, leather or "leather-like" is acceptable. It doesn't specify it its "leather like" in looks alone or feel and weight too. 

I have seen some really convincing foam that looks just like leather (and metal and other material). In my opinion, if it look just like leather and is convincing enough to not tell the difference in person and in photographs, it should pass. Thats just my personal opinion though, the wording of the CRL is up to the interpretation of the GMLs. 

I think they could work well as an alternate material for hip pouches, not sure it it would be convincing enough for a shoulder pouch but I'm sure someone out there is skilled enough to prove me wrong.