North Wales, UK ATA build

hereticdave

Afternoon Troopers, hereticdave from the Mandalorian Mercs here to build my first set of Imperial Issue Armour. To cut a long story short I got an ATA kit from a friend who had it in storage, it was very kindly offered to me and I leapt at the chance, and he even had the right size boots. I got the kit out (helmet still in the box) and did a quick inspection:

28460585467_d4a86b21b1.jpg

All seems to be there except one of the end caps of the thermal detonator, which isn't needed for a Sandtrooper anyways, so no biggie.

Weapon wise I have an e-11 build underway from the 90's Hasbro and a doopy doo resin kit. Still a few items to pick up including the neck seal, undersuit, gloves and pauldron. Any tips for a UK source on these? Also some of the tools to get me started are on route. The idea of trimming the armour terrifies me but I've already watched youtube videos and read numerous build threads so hopefully I'll do a good job. Backpack hasn't really been thought about yet. I look forward to starting properly on the kit but at the moment this is more of a "hey, you guys" while I wait for bits and pieces to arrive.

I checked out your build, it was a big help in answering some questions! I've got my build up on the UK garrison but I'll post some stuff here too.

43426573611_9681070115.jpg

I filed the teeth away, still need to do some more, I was a bit conservative at first. I haven't trimmed the bottom of the lid, was going to do that after it gets riveted together. I'm a bit concerned about the fit, but hopefully when it's all attached it will pull the ears in without popping the brow out too much.

Also work on the blaster has continued, nearly calling it done, just needs dirtying up and finding some decals/printout for the scope lens, as I lost the one supplied with the resin kit. Doh!

28551101787_13b4ab54d6.jpg

28551100967_1e833f16f7.jpg