Custom, "One Off" Field Pack?

bradberry00

Has anyone on here made their own version of the field pack? Or even made a cleaned up version of the known screen used packs. I was thinking about making a custom field pack using some of the classic found parts but with my own touches, maybe some found surplus parts and other bits and bobs that makes it a bit more "real world".

Just curious if anyone has done this and would like to share some photos. I don't plan to go for SWAT or anything so could be fun.

-david

Oh, don't get me wrong...I LOVE screen accurate stuff!! I am just thinking about wearing these things out and making them look more like real military packs, maybe swap tape out for straps, etc. 

Just ultimately curious if anyone has done it.

-david

• 9 months later...

I realize this is a major necro-post, but since no one else responded I thought I would give my 2 cents in case anyone else finds this thread.  In my build thread (note the title, it's fitting) I posted a couple pics of my pack.  When I first joined the legion years ago I had my FX armor with the big bucket so I knew I wasn't going to go SWAT without major changes.  The CRL allowed for a loose interpretation of the pack so I decided to do something different!  I turned the seed trays into storage compartments with egg crate foam, I added a pair of silver "pressure canisters" with a gauge instead of the siphon, and I added another braided steel tube around the left side of the radio.  All of the other usual elements of the backpack were present so it's not too far off.  I will probably retire it soon and go for accuracy now, but it was loads of fun to build something and just wing it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Boucher said:

I realize this is a major necro-post, but since no one else responded I thought I would give my 2 cents in case anyone else finds this thread.  In my build thread (note the title, it's fitting) I posted a couple pics of my pack.  When I first joined the legion years ago I had my FX armor with the big bucket so I knew I wasn't going to go SWAT without major changes.  The CRL allowed for a loose interpretation of the pack so I decided to do something different!  I turned the seed trays into storage compartments with egg crate foam, I added a pair of silver "pressure canisters" with a gauge instead of the siphon, and I added another braided steel tube around the left side of the radio.  All of the other usual elements of the backpack were present so it's not too far off.  I will probably retire it soon and go for accuracy now, but it was loads of fun to build something and just wing it!

That’s a really cool take on the field pack. I love screen accuracy but I love the creativity in making something your own!