shin and thigh

mark23

• dutchy changed the title to shin and thigh

The original strapping system was a hook system and hooks were used to fix/ attach the armor.

e.g. for the calves on one side a hook with elastic band was placed and on the other side a small hole was drilled to "hook"  it in place.

The hooks itself look like this.

metal-hook-and-eye_jpg_350x350.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 5:24 PM, Fraulein said:

Heavy duty Velcro. But if you plan on going for level 2 Police Officer or SWAT in the future, hooks will be required.

I don't believe hooks are a requirement for 2 or 3. I don't use hooks. 

• Like 1

No, Airborne Trooper is right, they aren't, but they allow a certain degree of movement when your calf muscles flex and my shins are still working perfectly, I also think that this puts less stress on the plastic when opening them, heavy duty velcro is pretty strong and you have to use force to open the shins again. 

Should you decide to go the hook-route, remember to sew those hooks on properly otherwise they will come undone in no time. 

12 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I don't believe hooks are a requirement for 2 or 3. I don't use hooks. 

As I understood it, to be SWAT (same level as centurion) it was required to have the screen accurate strapping and "under pinnings".