Armorer Program - A place to post your WIP for basic and PO

Decided to knock the dust off this sub-forum and create an official place for all WIP armor builds and help reaching Police Officer/Level 2 status. The Hurt locker has already been established for those reaching SWAT/Level 3. For anyone reading this and has recently opened their BBB and wanting to post their build, this is the section to do so! MEPD's Armorers are here to help!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need a bit of help here, regarding the Abdominal plate & kidney plate.

UK 501st says it's 8mm Brass Split Rivets, this picture here clearly shows it as White Rivets.

What was use for SW ANH Sand Troopers Abdominal plate to the kidney plate?

0b278e722b5aef4215614b162397f556.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I just purchased theses from Ebay 8mm Brass Split ricets.

These are from trooperbay. I'm sure the UKG can recommend a place to get them there so you're not waiting forever for shipping. 
splitrivets.jpg
4dd139802197d4b5307d0b114f25b29e.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hello all who sees,  just wanted to share some progress to my armor. Upgraded to a proper pauldron from Mike Trooperbay

still need some adjustments to the fit. Seems to be favoring one side and can not get the abdomen to fit higher and chest further down because of my height using the screen accurate bracket system. 

Would love to hear some feedback good and bad. 

Thanks 

-Bones

563E39EA-367B-4FCD-873F-A368807FFA97_zpsC2B6249B-A285-4E01-B23B-DE4D6D3C0F38_zps

• Like 1

Hi Bones, 

That looks really cool mate! :duim:

Having the original bracket strapping is a nice thing but to me it's more important that it looks right from the outside and your chest and abdomen should definitely be closer together, so I would suggest using elastic and glue in some snaps. 

The hip ammobelt should be positioned a little lower. 

The diamond shaped sniper knee seems to be a little too thick, sand it down some more. 

Maybe you could also try to push down the shins a little further to allow you a wider range of movement at the knees. 

Cheers mate

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hi Bones, 

That looks really cool mate! :duim:

Having the original bracket strapping is a nice thing but to me it's more important that it looks right from the outside and your chest and abdomen should definitely be closer together, so I would suggest using elastic and glue in some snaps. 

The hip ammobelt should be positioned a little lower. 

The diamond shaped sniper knee seems to be a little too thick, sand it down some more. 

Maybe you could also try to push down the shins a little further to allow you a wider range of movement at the knees. 

Cheers mate

Hey @Hausi , thanks for the help! It sucks, I’d love to keep the bracket stystem for more than looks but I am a little short to be a sandtrooper haha I will work on making some elastic snaps so I can get the proper fitment on the abdomen and chest. Doing that I might have to trim the return edge on kidney,back and butt so it doesn’t look like I’m sagging in the back and snug in the front. 

When I was walking I was being pintched in the my knee ditch so I’ll be pushing those shins further down. 

I was trying to keep this build as screen accurate as I can with out making my trooper an actual cannon if that makes any sense. Wanted to create my own character with the traditional ways of building. This is my first build so I appreciate your help! Hard doing it on my own. 

Thanks again! 

-Bones

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone new member here. I know some MEPD members from Facebook or the ACD forum. I have an AT-AT driver that's ready to be approved which I have not submitted yet. I'm still recovering from a huge hip surgery so I'm not able to troop at the moment.

Would anyone be willing to mentor me with my Sandie build? I know most of what needs to be done but I have some basic questions before I start to strap things together. I really don't need much help but I'd like to have someone on standby just in case. I'd prefer to have exchanges on Facebook so we can send pics back and forth too.

I have a WTF kit. I don't need help on trimming or anything of that nature, mostly just connections and fitting. I haven't glued the cover strips on the arms and legs but they're mostly ready to go when the weather warms up. I'm ready to strap the chest, ab, butt, kidney, back, & bells now.

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the MEPD.

You may better off posting up a build thread on here, where you can add pics as you go and then you'll have heaps of mentors to give you feedback ;)

Good luck with your build either way.