Weathering Feedback Appreciated

Bootlegger137

Started weathering today. Got the legs done. This is straight Burnt Umber. I haven't decided on whether to go full Pandatrooper or not and add the "oil" layer. (I tried the baseball rubbing mud, but wasn't happy with how it was turning out.)

Going for PO, not SWAT.

Tlb8bLK.jpg

Weathering is a matter of taste. @pandatrooper provided the "how" guide that a lot of us sandies follow. Doesn't mean you have to always follow that; and as to how much... the generally accepted notion here is: "less is more". I say: Keep on doing what you're doing. Looks good! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

So did you get approved???

Still waiting to hear. Only feedback/request from my GML so far was for better pics of the DirtyBoy pack to show the black details a little better...and that was last Saturday.

Fingers crossed.

You don't even need a pack to apply for basic approval but if it's present, your GML will probably have a closer look at it. 

Only thing I can see right now is that the gap between the forearm and biceps on your left arm looks a little big. 

Nice wearhering:duim:

Good luck with your approval! 

12 minutes ago, Hausi said:

You don't even need a pack to apply for basic approval but if it's present, your GML will probably have a closer look at it. 

Only thing I can see right now is that the gap between the forearm and biceps on your left arm looks a little big. 

Nice wearhering:duim:

Good luck with your approval! 

Thanks, Hausi!

As far as the gap you mention, might just be the angle of the photo. Also, the biceps are both a little low for my taste...but that's just a dressing issue. Here's the front shot I submitted:

GtUa8z5.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, gap doesn't look as big from this perspective, but could still be slightly smaller, might also give you a wider range of motion, especially for the hands but as long as it works for you :duim:

• Like 1