Drop boxes on ANH SE Movie Sandtroopers?

EmpireJAG

Hey guys. I am cross-posting here for input as I posted up under CRL updates too (and emailed the question). I just noticed that dropboxes are shown on sandtroopers in ANH SE but didn't see this currently on the CRL (unless I missed an impending update). I saw these pix here as well as viewing a video of ANH on Youtube. Has anyone else noticed the dropboxes on these guys? Please verify as this may mean dropboxes onto the CRL? Is this heresy??haha. Video also below.

Howard4bd40a03a1fc4dc2c59a8645c3811e05.jpg8ba989b63269c3cc4fae21d1d3422eed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watch "Star Wars: Sandtrooper" on YouTube

Watch "Star Wars: Sandtrooper" on YouTube

• 1 month later...

There’s probably heaps more info on the forum somewhere but these guys are basically ROTJ TK suits that were modified for the additional shooting done during the nineties for the SE versions of the original trilogy. Therefore they look nothing like the original TD suits. As an SE novelty suit you’d think they’d get a CRL, but not these guys .. banished forever or maybe just the time being. After all Boba Fett has an SE version CRL. If you look closely minus the pauldrons, packs and weathering... these guys are ROTJ troopers.

The reason there's no CRL is quite simple- there's few people out there who like these guys enough to spend money to make one. The ROTJ TK is quite a rarity..I think last time I checked there were fewer than 50 in the Legion(of which I am one!)..so that, plus the added cost/work of converting to a Sandie means its unlikely we'll see a lot of these guys.

I was contemplating one once my TK got battered enough...but ended up doing a regular Sandie!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

A CRL for this is under development (along with the nearly identical Battlefront 2 Imperial Heavy Trooper) 

You can find the topics related to this here: 

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/forum/74-special-edition-armor/

Really we are just waiting for someone with ROTJ armor who wants to make this trooper. 

In the past the MEPD hasn't embraced these troopers, but times change and we would love to include them in our line up, we just need someone who wants to pull the trigger!