Nagging FRUSTRATING problems with audio and Helmet

If you're using the TKTalkie, you can adjust the mic sensitivity. I also have to have it right against my mouth but I've intended it to be that way. When my wife comes up to me at troops and asks how I'm doing, I can sorta speak to the side of my mouth, without talking through the mic. I have my mic secured in my bucket with the tough velcro. I bend the arm and set it right below the two front teeth. I am able to grab it with my teeth if I need to adjust it at all. 

• Like 1

I used Velcro to secure a foam strip on my chest piece to buffer the sound waves from travelling back down to the speaker.    It seemed to work better that way.    I also moved the mic a little bit away from my mouth in the helmet because it seemed like my voice was bouncing around in the helmet back into my mic (not sure if that also causes feedback or not).    

Im going to explore the an plate solution now.   I wish they would advance amp tech to be smaller/thinner.   That would solve a bunch of problems.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Trying out a iX throat mic.   It seems to drastically reduce the feedback, but it makes my voice sound muddy.    I believe that's tolerable though since it kinda gives me the sandtrooper sound even before the TKTalkie changes it.

More tests to come.

• 5 months later...

I've been working on my own voice changer system for the past few weeks.  So far all of my electronics have proved out and I've gotten all my housings run on the 3d printer.  Its been designed with the idea that nearly all of its bits and bobs fit in the helmet itself minus the activation switch...yes it has a physical switch instead of a voice activated one but its the best that I could do with what was available to me.  I'm still working out the kinks for the final install but if it all works out I'll let you know...and if your interested how to build one yourself.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now all I need is a new helmet because I don't know what happened to mine. Its splitting, cracking, and little bits falling out of it everywhere and I haven't even used it yet.  Any suggestions as to where I can get a good price on a new one would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow!   Sorry about your helmet!     I'm not sure about good prices on replacements... I do know that Troopermaster and RS Propmasters make really good helmets.   

Have you solved the feedback issues?   That was the main problem I had with mine.   Constant feedback.