TD-92698 "Plainsrunner" Tour of Duty

Plainsrunner

• 1 month later...

McWane Science Center Birthday Bash 7/15/2018

The first thing you will notice is that I don't have my field pack!    It's being repaired at the moment by Imperial engineers.    Secondly, this was the first troop where I was asked to sign an autograph.    Not easy in the helmet!     Lastly -- this was my first troop with my Bapty blaster made from a real Sterling.    It's heavy but not unbearable.   I was able to do about 4 hours with 1 break.   

This was the most fun I've had on a troop.   People were excited to see us, the temperature inside was comfortable, there was a lot of stuff to play around with in the museum (it's a hands on interactive museum), and my communications were finally working right!

n85Kom7.jpg

S0I2T2C.jpg

AuDU90s.jpg

Dixie Derby Girls Star Wars Night, Huntsville Alabama on 7/21/2018

I'm still struggling with the audio when it need it to be loud enough to hear in crowds.   The McWane center was quiet enough that people could hear me.   So I still have some work to do on this end.    I'm going to work on this in earnest for the next several weeks when I have no troops on the radar screen.  

Pics!

(my favorite is when they let us into the security room/surveillance center to oversee things)

My wife is also in these -- she's working on her Iden Versio and hopes to get approved within a few weeks.

Also: Field Pack is still undergoing repairs so is not pictured.

O7F0e1a.jpg

H5jql53.jpg

TSjquvJ.jpg

DZSN5Oy.jpg

8OQOPbi.jpg

On 7/23/2018 at 6:41 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

Thinking about flying down to Georgia to see my mom and sister in the fall. Maybe I'll borrow one of their cars and come see you and help you sort out these audio issues lol. 

I’m aggravated enough to try a throat mic.   Bought a used one.   Waiting for it to arrive now.  

• 1 month later...

Wow it has been a while!    The trooping opportunities really decline in the summer months it seems.    

Aug 25, 2018 -- Birmingham Alabama Fairy Tale Ball benefiting Childcare Services.

Notes:   No weapons troop.    I don't like no weapons troops but it was for the kids so I sucked it up.    My wife did a test run of her Iden Versio with command staff approval.    Her actual armor is being painted, so she borrowed the chest piece from someone else.   She looked so much like Iden it was scary.   Little girls were coming up to her wanting to get a picture made with their female hero Iden.   It was great!

Group photo:

group.jpg.75bcb805df2661f88435a61f4736d2c5.jpg

Side view of me,  wife in the foreground:

iden.thumb.jpg.776c906c78aa0dcd15ecb596eae7720f.jpg

And here I am grilling the Cantina bartender for leads on those droids:

0.thumb.jpg.e379df78176677bb07e87699755dc27d.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...