R2 Trophy (something to carry around if no weapons are allowed)

Hausi

When attending an event some time ago I saw some Jawas carrying around a C3PO head as some kind of trophy... and I really liked the idea ... and wanted to copy it. How great would it be to roam around as a Sandtrooper carrying around the greatest trophy one could imagine: the head of the droid we were indeed looking for ;)

So after doing some research I was lucky enough to find this:

39715800130_c910462bba_b.jpg

it´s made of Aluminium and seems pretty sturdy, I will probably add some wires hanging out of it, so it looks like it has just been ripped  out viciously from the rest of the body of a poor astromech. Maybe also some kind of grip on the inside so it´s easier to carry around. And for those times when it´s not needed for trooping, my wife has allowed me to use it as a lamp above our dining table. 

That rules! :peace:

Cheers mates

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

before I was in the 501st - one year for Halloween I had crafted one of those cheap $1 pumpkin candy buckets into an Ewok head. Blood and gore. I had found one of those scary teddy bear masks at the thrift shop and changed it into an Ewok.  Was a TK handing out candy from an Ewok head.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fraulein said:

before I was in the 501st - one year for Halloween I had crafted one of those cheap $1 pumpkin candy buckets into an Ewok head. Blood and gore. I had found one of those scary teddy bear masks at the thrift shop and changed it into an Ewok.  Was a TK handing out candy from an Ewok head.

I like the idea with the Ewok head too although I actually like those little furry dudes... I'm probably the only one, everybody else seems to hate them... on the other hand I like R2 too... but there is no blood and gore involved when I carry his head around :sweat:

I

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, Hausi said:

I like the idea with the Ewok head too although I actually like those little furry dudes... I'm probably the only one, everybody else seems to hate them... on the other hand I like R2 too... but there is no blood and gore involved when I carry his head around :sweat:

Now I just carry random hard drive parts that came from an old computer. The spindle and actuator arms seem to entertain kids.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have finally more or less finished my R2 head. It came with the bottom part that allows it to spin if there is a body. Now mine of course needs no body but I have added this part anyway as it adds stability and just gives it the right look. I had to find a way to attach it and just took some pieces of wood in which I could drill some screws, the whole interior was then spraypainted matte black and I added some black ABS plates on top of the wood so it wouldn´t be too obvious that it is wood. I then added various hoses and cables I found at my local DIY store to make it look functional but still keep it as lightweight as possible as I´m planning to carry this little sucker around when trooping. When everything was installed, it was time for our number one requirement, get dirty!!!:peace:

So I used some matte black spraypaint for the hoses and cables and immediately wiped it off again, I gave the outside of the dome a black wash first, followed by a wash with some sand colored paint. 

Oh and I almost forgot, I have even added a remote controlled ligth which can switch colors and even has some flash effects, btw it´s a simple and cheap waterproof light originally intended to be used in a garden pond.

I have also added a leg for a table and a leash to have some options to carry it around.

27152400007_266387d92b_b.jpg

41302247434_29c6fe926b_b.jpg

41121847315_bcd70c0197_b.jpg

41121843135_d64c0de825_b.jpg

41302213164_d562e12833_b.jpg

I know, it´s huge... but I am a very happy dirty dude!:smile:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Okay, nobody wanted to carry it for me so had to do it myself ...and after a while it became quite heavy:sweat: But it was fun ...all those questions of the children asking what has happened to R2... most of it didn´t like it ...but we are the badass bunch of dirty dudes... so making some kids cry is part of the job ;)

wy8sscvo.jpg

42188037874_f51b7b9877_b.jpg

Just joking, I told them that R2 was still alive and could easily be fixed (I had an aker inside with an mp3 player with some soundfiles that my friend Markus/tiny had put together for me)... little did they know that he would be ending up above the table in our living room at home... my wife is happy as she always wanted a light above that table ...and I couldn´t be happier.

42906304341_8ed57882c1_b.jpg

42188042694_1e548af585_b.jpg

42188044904_bc1301d698_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1