Hasboro Toy Shop - Sandtrooper and Dewback Black Series

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, BadBatch said:

I picked mine up on Friday.  The dewback is really awesome. The only downer about it all is that the pauldron is, in fact, grey-

repeating the old mistake from the 90s.

Overall awesome though.

Where did you find yours?

I got mine at Target the morning everything went out. 
Our local Walmarts also got the dewback (but nothing else from the 6" series, oddly).
Some people have had luck locally with gamestop as well.
Even amazon has the dewback in stock right now- and at regular retail rather than scalper-markup

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Black-Dewback-Sandtrooper/dp/B072MPB6H5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524098852&sr=8-1&keywords=black+series+dewback

Do I hear a little bit of malicious joy in that statement? ;)

Well at least you have easy access to all those peanut butter sweets like reeses and stuff... but actually I can be happy that those aren't available where I live, elsewhere my armor wouldn't fit anymore:sweat:

12 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Do I hear a little bit of malicious joy in that statement? ;)

Well at least you have easy access to all those peanut butter sweets like reeses and stuff... but actually I can be happy that those aren't available where I live, elsewhere my armor wouldn't fit anymore:sweat:

That reminds me...time to extend out my kidney shims....(cries into a bowl of Reeses cups)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I picked mine up on Amazon a few days ago: https://amzn.to/2juXq5a

This is a great piece.  The dewback is very detailed...and heavy.  Articulated too.  I'm very happy with it.  

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I was never able to get the orange pauldron trooper, so I bought 2 black pauldron troopers and airbrushed one of them.  I plan on doing the same with the gray pauldron...making it white and then weathering it a bit.

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

I used some masking tape and handi-tak to mask the pauldron:
DSC_0207.jpg

I "primed" it with flat black spray, and then hit it with orange acrylic through an airbrush.  There's no way the acrylic would bite into that smooth plastic, flat enamel/primer was a must.

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

• Upvote 1

The things we do for screen accuracy...I had to paint that pauldron white.

This trooper's head was a lot more difficult to remove from the body than my other troopers.  If you do try to paint the pauldron, use caution when removing this little guy's head.  

IMG_7707.jpg

Its so GRAY
IMG_7706.jpg

Used some masking tape and HandiTak to mask the pauldron:
IMG_7708.jpg

Used a few light coats of flat white primer:

IMG_7711.jpg

Cleaned up the edges with a toothpick:

IMG_7710.jpg

Used some Tamiya Weathering Master pastels that I use for plastic aircraft modeling, I also weathered the orange pauldron, it was too clean.
IMG_7712.jpg

Now everyone is happy!
DSC_1084.jpg

DSC_1085.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1