Dear lord... the muscles

Plainsrunner

I kitted up for the public for the first time yesterday.   Went to Iron City Cosplay.   Met a handful of the local garrison there too.

HOLY SMOKES are my muscles sore!    The outside of my thighs are sore like when you go horseback riding.    My shoulders are sore from the field pack.   By the end of 4 hours my back was hurting from carrying the pack around.   I also have 2 minor pinch areas on my shoulders right where my arm meets my torso.    

It was a lot of fun though!    I rolled out of bed sore as heck today though.     I'm getting old and stuff.

• Like 2

I learned at my troop a few weeks ago that It's ok to take the pack off for a while. All day troops in kit make it where you need to take breaks and also walk around a bit without the pack on. No shame in it IMO. I prefer the look with it on better but my shoulders get sore after several hours.

Before I sold my old pack, I usually wore the pack for about an hour, then went packless. Some other sandies in my garrison will pack for hours and hours with a pack on...they are the real heroes lol.

Aiming to build a super lightweight pack for trooping.

I feel all of you. I use an insole inside my boots. The center of gravity for me somehow pin down along the insoles, hurting my legs too. 

My garrison's troops would be in shifts tho. We make sure no one troops more than an hour. In doing marches, i will always tell whoever usually is in front most (usually kylo ren) to SLOW DOWN. :tongue:

10 hours ago, m4vrick said:

I feel all of you. I use an insole inside my boots. The center of gravity for me somehow pin down along the insoles, hurting my legs too. 

My garrison's troops would be in shifts tho. We make sure no one troops more than an hour. In doing marches, i will always tell whoever usually is in front most (usually kylo ren) to SLOW DOWN. :tongue:

Reminds me of my Army days doing road marches. Tall guys in the front so my short self had to run every so often to keep up with the pace!