TheSwede`s "look Sir! droids" SWAT build [RS]

TheSwede

Well..let`s do this! And hey everyone:salute:

BBB-day #4:dancing-trooper:(never stops giving me "the Little boy at christmas feeling"

ttiKfIo.jpg

Had a hard time deciding which Kit to get, previous builds include Anovos Shadowtrooper and 2 TM suits (Hero and Stunt)  but couldn`t resist the lineage that RS has so RS it is...if someone had trouble in figure that out :D And...also think it lends itself perfectly for a Sandtrooper build and the helmet in particular with the little lumps and bumps.

LysLurb.jpg

And here it is in all of it`s glory and I´m super-happy except for one thing, I´m missing the little RS labels on the peices that I have seen on other builds..oh well....after showering the pieces to get rid of the debri of plastic crumbs I marked the parts with a sharpie just so I don`t get confused when sitting in glue fumes:engel: nothing to it when you already did a few builds but for a beginner it would be a good thing ta have the parts labeled and on the other hand the detective work in finding out is good research to have to ^_^

dXqxDwp.jpg

And as the title says: I´m gonna try to build for SWAT emulating this guy :)

Look, Sir, Droids foto.

• Like 1

Everything including helmet is rough trimmed as I managed to stay on target after a little detour:)

5ZYEyp4.jpg

those shoulder bells seem to be able to help with any eventual gap at chest/back plate...they are huuuge:smiley-sw013:

tSzP5Ir.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After some R&R (man-flu:P) I’m back at it again, not at a massive speed but picking away and enjoying the build rather than in a hurry to get it done, the other day I trimmed the torso and drilled a few holes and put some elastic in:)

MytKsjE.jpg

B8Dfh6D.jpg

Yesterday I painted the screws and side rivets

LlfUBic.jpg

And cut some coverstrips for the legs, already know how wide they need to be and in my case they are around 21-22 depending on how accurate I measure:smiley-sw013:

McpZDp2.jpg

And by having them I could start cutting the front of the thighs as I´m using the strips as a guide on how much to trim and I marked them so I know which goes were...here they are :)

oCys6m0.jpg

Todays mission was shoulder bells...used my TM:s as a guide and well not much to it, draw a line, cut, sand and glue som elastic and you’re done :) 

5noUA1v.jpg

7EIiejL.jpg

And that’s it untill next time:happy:

Today I finished the shins (using the hook and elastics closure) and here is were I deviate from RS as I´m not a fan of the two left pairs one gets with the kit, so I bought some TM Shins. Sniperplate is RS though so one can safely say the plastics match:duim:

jJX5q4b.jpgRSPovVy.jpg

Is it weird that I can see how much taller you are than I am by the height of your shin armour?

LOL

Looks great so far.  Please be sure to capture your weathering adventures.  I feel like Indiana Jones needing to take that leap of faith from the lions head......but within a perpetual pause.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GilFran007 said:

Is it weird that I can see how much taller you are than I am by the height of your shin armour?

Might be the perspective of the photo :tongue: they are standard size and I’m not that tall  but as it happens right att the TK ”sweet spot” of 5’10:teehee: 

3 hours ago, GilFran007 said:

Looks great so far.  Please be sure to capture your weathering adventures.  I feel like Indiana Jones needing to take that leap of faith from the lions head......but within a perpetual pause.....

And thanks:salute: and will do:duim:, though not yet decided if I will start weathering when the armor is complete or start on the helmet...leaning towards a combination with a start on the helmet with some weathering in between:smile:

17 hours ago, GilFran007 said:

You still beat me by about 3" in height..... Which is about how much taller your shin armour is ;)

Keep up the great work :)

Then one can say you are at the Luke Skywalker ”sweet-spot”:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progress of the day was to complete the thighs namely adding the ammobelt, elastic and sand it smooth also did a fit-check, pretty happy with the look and that I could manage stairs quite easily this time so that was good :)

1tCy2YB.jpg1Wcgkeh.jpg2BRf1Wb.jpg

And I coulden`t resist taping it up for a full body - I have a good feeling about this:smiley-sw013:

kCODGDo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And...my team won yet another important game (1-0) derby against the team in the lead of the league an hour ago  (my team is second - early in the season but still) so that’s also a plus:)

here’s were I am right now - torso is complete and going to start working on the arms

76600fn.jpg

I think the belt is a pretty good match for ”my” Trooper

8tuGTeZ.jpg

And this how far I managed today (tape is just there for checking fit) and left bicep needs coverstrips but didn’t have time for that - but there’s always tomorrow :)

2waTUf4.jpg