TheSwede`s "look Sir! droids" SWAT build [RS]

TheSwede

13 minutes ago, bigwam said:

If you will use it for SWAT? No.

I´m not happy with the frame. Absolutely not with this corner pieces:

zy4x7sir.jpg

I miss this endcapes (pic), and: it is no karrimor.

38j4mpby.jpg

Before you invest a lot of time and money, look for better parts. Karrimor are not expensive and you get them easily. Above all: they are original. I hope you understand me.  I just want you to not do any unnecessary work.

ahh I see, the only thing I did to the frame was to shorten it so the ends are how the pack came to me. Totally understand so thanks for clearing that up :salute:

@TheSwede I will see what I can come up with for the frame.  It is custom aluminum and the only way to connect the pieces is with the elbows.  I have used CPVC in the past, the only issue is it tends to break over time.

I will search for more Karrimor frames, but I have had little to no luck finding them in the last 6 months.  If you know of anyone that sells them or a good place to get them, please let me know.  I usually try to use Ebay.Uk.  I will gladly send you a CPVC or Karrimor frame (If I can find one) at no charge to use for your SWAT application.

37 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

will see what I can come up with for the frame.  It is custom aluminum and the only way to connect the pieces is with the elbows.  I have used CPVC in the past, the only issue is it tends to break over time.

I did not mean that I demanded anything, I just wanted to let you know the SWAT requirements for your SWAT level field packs:duim: If you find a karimor please let me know and we can work something out, there´s no hurry as I will turn my attention to the FOTK build for the time beeing.:) Thanks for awesome customer service:salute:

2 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

I think I have found a karrimor frame.  If I do get it, I will send it to you at no cost.

I know you are not demanding it, but it is the right thing to do.

Well I`d be stupid to say no so thank you very much:salute::salute: (That deserves a double salut)

2 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

I can't wait to finally submit for my initial approval as a TD.  Just finishing my new armor, now.

Awesome! Have no idea how you find the time to build for yourself though:P Looking forward to welcome you to the rank of Sandtroopers:salute:

18 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Artwork is in, can`t decide so both will make it into a poster:engel: Thanks to MEPD and @Sandman Tiguifor providing this service of making a deployed artwork - loving it!:salute:

NxINkDz.jpg

My pleasure Daniel! Making you guys look good gives me great joy. If you’d like the large file I could have it sent to you. Let me know.

• Like 1

Artwork is in, can`t decide so both will make it into a poster:engel: Thanks to MEPD and [mention=3936]Sandman Tigui[/mention]for providing this service of making a deployed artwork - loving it!:salute:
NxINkDz.jpg

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well...the Sandtrooper already has alot of accessories with the pauldron, field pack, extended arsenal etc but I figured having some more wouldn`t hurt:)

And...I´m pretty sure this is a droid we are looking for!!

ppRqRRv.jpg

I need a net bag to finish this of so I can carry it in my hand or strapped to the pack on those non-formal troops or when I´m attending as Joe-public:)

As a nice change of pace I won`t say anything, just show how I did - feel free to ask if some thing is unclear though:salute:

DDazeLl.jpgvbPl3e6.jpgwZ87igC.jpg

wmebfSs.jpg

OATAh8W.jpg

3XPbcvl.jpg