TheSwede`s "look Sir! droids" SWAT build [RS]

TheSwede

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well whadda we have here - the final component for the complete Sandtrooper^_^

B8DdeUH.jpg

Check!

NhG3cGi.jpg

Good package:duim:

sVoT0kz.jpg

waddaya know?! It`s my SWAT level field pack #3 from Shawn "crookknight`s Imperial trooper packs"!

fHRcwRS.jpg

Noticed the bee stinger was a 3D print but no worries, had this on the shelf - closest option to the real thing but won`t mess with it just now (to busy drooling)

pLxMrwp.jpg

Upon inspection a noticed this crack in the upper seed tray *aaw maaan*…..even though it was packaded really well the trays shifted and that crack happend, but...in true spirit of prop building I took some black gaffers tape and result was very stars warsy:P

2zfHjUP.jpg

Also took some time to level the boxes out for a nice clean fit not very star warsy but hey...it`s my pack:smiley-sw013: Enough words - more pics

cnj3V4s.jpg

KrVSXew.jpg

7qw4AkY.jpg

9WJeKDF.jpg

nuW7ADw.jpggx5AUYN.jpg

fE5karn.jpg

gYuAGfL.jpg

Perhaps went a little overboard on pics but are absolutely loving this field pack!! BIG shout out to Shawn @CrookKnight for this great build and his patience with my inputs on the build- truly amazing:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:'

S8UH8JB.jpg

Looking forward using this set up on the next Troop:dancing-trooper:

gSRpJvY.jpgVAubvz1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some protection for the field pack, both from weather and to be less obvious on the way to a Troop:) It`s not a perfect fit but I have a few changes to make and that may fix that too

iWPFf2Q.jpg

Changes you say? Yes after initial hype was over and I started examination and the reference of screen packs I felt some changes were in order. First the frame, it should be closer to the seed trays, I had Shawn move the trays closer together (as per reference) thus making that gap on the top instead, guess he didn`t think to shorten the frame (and to be fair I also missed that and the other fixes on the "signing-off photos he sent before shipping) but that´s no biggie, I actually first opted to assemble it myself but later changed my mind to have more time to work on the FOTK...so all is good, now I get to say I DID work on the pack:)

fE5karn.jpg9eKG7Jm.png

First up dismantle some parts 

oBJakyx.jpg

Almost made a bohoo when marking were to cut and making it to short but disaster was averted and I made my cut at the top mark and then used the cut-of to mark other end.

nuKUOP7.jpgLpXHYOM.jpg

Put it back together and yepp that works

E6kYgVJ.jpgioX24sd.jpg

Lab pipe was still a go even though the frame got shorter, they vary in lenght between packs and I like the longer version better and the ref pic saying "look Sir droids is another type of pack Davin Felth had but not the one I´m emulating, it`s just to show the lab pipe

7wbdtv8.jpglcgYnNd.png

Shorter version

UkCpobE.jpg

The mortar tube however was to long to begin with as as seen below in comparison, the top should be about level to the mushroom cap and the radar dish should have some black backing (didn`t have anything for the backing so have to revisit that) and also sit a little lower. When making this post I also noticed that the "shells" configuration is a bit off, they are afixed to a plate and that should sit lower on the tray and the individual positions of them are also off . I`ll have a think and see if I will correct that.

fVwWw4z.jpg

gYuAGfL.jpgaKtq3Z2.jpg

F7ClPVv.jpg

I started by removing the control panel and luckely it was glued with E6000 (or similar glue, I can`t be sure) so I pryed it off and the leftover was easily rubbed off

SdUW8zD.jpg6Sz3ru5.jpg

Then it was a matter of removing this little guy and after a few failed attempts I opted to cut it close to the end and just hack away:P

ZZJCM9j.jpgrBzCT93.jpg

That did the trick:dancing-trooper:So I glued that and the control panel back on with CA glue, not having learned anything about the advantage with E6000. Then drilled some holes for the "tubes" put them on and it was time for weathering

iYUV0v1.jpg

I´ll might do some tweeking but overall I´m happy with it so I sent pics to GML for approval

5DKVdYJ.jpgCZgYvqs.jpg

nvvdYYO.jpg

NiBUsG9.jpgeKQReDR.jpgnAeAhSB.jpgJHkPw6L.jpgkazfHMv.jpgqT9gP7Y.jpg

And here it is all tucked in safe and sound

IFucsQs.jpgsq3cG9Q.jpg

Edited Sunday at 04:04 AM by TheSwede
  •  
  • Like 1

Approved:woot: and a small update, decided to cushion the back with some foam....so I hot glued some fabric to a sheet of foam and then hot glued that to the pack and voilà :smiley-sw013: also decided (not done yet though) to move the top straps closer together, although they are at the right position, moving them closer will make them sit better over the back/chest tabs not pushing the bells down over the biceps how screen accurate as that may be I don’t want that:)

9FTTxpA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing job! Love your attention to detail!

I have a question about your shoulder straps.

Did you use canvas straps with sewn on snaps for the shoulder bells? I’m wondering how TDs had the shoulder bells strapped on.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, salshred said:

Amazing job! Love your attention to detail!

I have a question about your shoulder straps.

Did you use canvas straps with sewn on snaps for the shoulder bells? I’m wondering how TDs had the shoulder bells strapped on.

Thanks in advance!

I used 2 Inch white elastic with a sewn on snap (just as a regular TK)..I was under the impression that TD:s had canvas straps but for PO (Police officer/L2) it states to use elastic so I went with that, I have no photo as I rebooted the computer but I can take one tomorrow if you like:salute:

Got some protection for the field pack, both from weather and to be less obvious on the way to a Troopdefault_smile.png It`s not a perfect fit but I have a few changes to make and that may fix that too
iWPFf2Q.jpg

Changes you say? Yes after initial hype was over and I started examination and the reference of screen packs I felt some changes were in order. First the frame, it should be closer to the seed trays, I had Shawn move the trays closer together (as per reference) thus making that gap on the top instead, guess he didn`t think to shorten the frame (and to be fair I also missed that and the other fixes on the "signing-off photos he sent before shipping) but that´s no biggie, I actually first opted to assemble it myself but later changed my mind to have more time to work on the FOTK...so all is good, now I get to say I DID work on the packdefault_smile.png
fE5karn.jpg9eKG7Jm.png

First up dismantle some parts 
oBJakyx.jpg
Almost made a bohoo when marking were to cut and making it to short but disaster was averted and I made my cut at the top mark and then used the cut-of to mark other end.
nuKUOP7.jpgLpXHYOM.jpg

Put it back together and yepp that works
E6kYgVJ.jpgioX24sd.jpg
Lab pipe was still a go even though the frame got shorter, they vary in lenght between packs and I like the longer version better and the ref pic saying "look Sir droids is another type of pack Davin Felth had but not the one I´m emulating, it`s just to show the lab pipe
7wbdtv8.jpglcgYnNd.png
Shorter version
UkCpobE.jpg

The mortar tube however was to long to begin with as as seen below in comparison, the top should be about level to the mushroom cap and the radar dish should have some black backing (didn`t have anything for the backing so have to revisit that) and also sit a little lower. When making this post I also noticed that the "shells" configuration is a bit off, they are afixed to a plate and that should sit lower on the tray and the individual positions of them are also off . I`ll have a think and see if I will correct that.
fVwWw4z.jpg

gYuAGfL.jpgaKtq3Z2.jpg
F7ClPVv.jpg
I started by removing the control panel and luckely it was glued with E6000 (or similar glue, I can`t be sure) so I pryed it off and the leftover was easily rubbed off
SdUW8zD.jpg6Sz3ru5.jpg
Then it was a matter of removing this little guy and after a few failed attempts I opted to cut it close to the end and just hack awaydefault_tongue.png
ZZJCM9j.jpgrBzCT93.jpg
That did the trickdefault_dancing-trooper.gifSo I glued that and the control panel back on with CA glue, not having learned anything about the advantage with E6000. Then drilled some holes for the "tubes" put them on and it was time for weathering
iYUV0v1.jpg
I´ll might do some tweeking but overall I´m happy with it so I sent pics to GML for approval
5DKVdYJ.jpgCZgYvqs.jpg
nvvdYYO.jpg
NiBUsG9.jpgeKQReDR.jpgnAeAhSB.jpgJHkPw6L.jpgkazfHMv.jpgqT9gP7Y.jpg

And here it is all tucked in safe and sound
IFucsQs.jpgsq3cG9Q.jpg
Edited Sunday at 04:04 AM by TheSwede
  •  

I have made notes of your improvements and will implement on similar packs. Thanks. Looks great.

3 hours ago, errantventurer said:

You put in a lot of work on that backpack. Just curious if you think it was worth it or if you were to do it again, would you build your own?

Long answer: I would have liked to build it all on my own but I chose the easy route not having to source the parts on my own, I also first opted to do the assembly myself but then changed my mind to get more time for another build I was doing (FOTK, still not finished). There actually wasn`t that much work involved, it took more time to make the post about it:P Shawn was great during the process and sent pics for me to sign off on prior to shipping and happily made changes I asked for and had I noticed the changes I later made myself I know he would have made them for me and in the end I`m happy to have worked on it:)

Short answer: Totally worth it:duim:

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Wish you would have left the eyes alone but that's personal preference.

Yeah it was a tough decision and I thought long and hard about it, just might get a second helmet and go SWAT with that:)

1 hour ago, CrookKnight said:

I have made notes of your improvements and will implement on similar packs. Thanks. Looks great.

Thank you Sir and I just want to make clear that I don`t hold anything on your part, you were great to deal with and made all the changes I asked for. Also, I didn`t notice anything of the changes I made in the pics you sent me prior to shipping so that`s all on me:salute:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, salshred said:

Looks great and congrats on the approval! I will be using your photos for reference for sure! Love your pack!

Thanks on all accounts :) and glad you find it helpful:salute:

10 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Another photo frame required!! Amazing work, Daniel.

You’re going to be catching up with Glen/Q soon. ;-)

Thanks and I´m very happy with how it turnd out:)

Haha he`s untouchable:lol:

• Like 1

Daniel, your Pack looks great, an excellent PO-Pack - but if you want to use it for SWAT, i´m not happy with some things. So, if you put in a lot of work - think about it - whether it is worth.  The Pack is an excellent PO-Pack, but for SWAT ....

18 hours ago, bigwam said:

Daniel, your Pack looks great, an excellent PO-Pack - but if you want to use it for SWAT, i´m not happy with some things. So, if you put in a lot of work - think about it - whether it is worth.  The Pack is an excellent PO-Pack, but for SWAT ....

You’re saying I shouldn’t have made the charges I made? 

If you will use it for SWAT? No.

I´m not happy with the frame. Absolutely not with this corner pieces:

zy4x7sir.jpg

I miss this endcapes (pic), and: it is no karrimor.

38j4mpby.jpg

Before you invest a lot of time and money, look for better parts. Karrimor are not expensive and you get them easily. Above all: they are original. I hope you understand me.  I just want you to not do any unnecessary work.