TheSwede`s "look Sir! droids" SWAT build [RS]

TheSwede

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎27 at 7:28 AM, Hausi said:

Looks really good!! :duim:

You might pull down the chest a little bit, so it doesn't slip up and might even end up slipping behind the abdomen. 

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎27 at 2:28 PM, bigwam said:

Great!

The Forearms, are they a little bit to long? It is possible, they bite a little in the elle bow.

Thanks, I can put on/remove the helmet without any pinching :)

Started the weathering by using fullers earth, hairspray and a sponge...but what caught my eye was the tubestripes (had the helmet sitting on a stool) they looked way of so just wanted to show they are a pencil width all the way.....not entirely happy with them as I just free-handed them between two stripes of tape...gonna give it some thought and then redo if I feel like it:smiley-sw013:

3uToIjZ.jpgQFVrJv5.jpg

Anyways...started with the shins and boots...still need to fill in some creases on the boots and under the raised edges of the shins, in generall were dirt would accumulate....the great thing by using hairspray is that you can easily remove it and start over, or go clean TK (sorry didn`t mean to cuss:P) but the same time resilient enough to stay put.....not to sure about heavy rain though so tread carefully^_^

And..going about this by using the principle of "less is more" and taking my time:)

Too little...?

eFqmxBv.jpg

Too much....?

Avn9khn.jpg

Just enough...?

2d4lGLb.jpg

Comparison - and the weathering stands out more "in person" than the pics show so I guess it`s kind of hard to give feedback but wanted to share all the same:)

5aXqAw7.jpg

Looking good :). I'm a proponent of less is more with respect to the weathering.... If you want to look like the screen Sandy's....I really don't think they had much done to them imo.

If you want to be your own dirty trooper, i say go nuts! Make it look like you took a bath in Bantha do do...lol... If you want to emulate an onscreen guy... Less is more for sure.

For the tube stripes, I redid mine five times on the right side :( I used masking tape and superimposed a printout of the helmet stripes onto it, marked the bottom end locations by a dot on the masking tape, then free handed the puppies in... Stripes 6 and 7 are tight remember ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Do the little points on the top rear of the thighs stab you in the butt? 

Actually not, removed most of the return at that area and sanded super-smooth so don’t feel a thing but just a tad higher and I’m sure I would:rolleyes: my main goal is to have as little black showing and as even spaces as possible so I’m pushing the limits and so far so good - I think:engel:

54 minutes ago, GilFran007 said:

You look very comfortable in it and it looks tip top!

I find the armor quite awkward in the first five minutes that it's on.... Then you adjust and it's manageable.... So strange.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Nice edition to the collection arrived today:duim:

bl0c0j6.jpg

Rats!  You even reminded me of this run and I totally forgot.  It looks awesome! 

I am now consumed with envy and regret.

• Like 2