First TD Build

Volksjager

Progress has been slow and steady, just getting a lot of small things done before approval pics are sent in.

I had a test fit the other night but wasn’t to happy with the height of the thighs but also with how they were supported so I spent a day building a custom belt/suspender system out of black webbing. Definitely  happier with both the support and the heights but will post up a pic of this later on.

While I am on the thighs I also cut out the backs of the knee’s for better mobility and finished off the weathering in this area plus added some foam to the outside half to take the pressure off.

iHsaXb.jpg

7L573Z.jpg

Also added my green lenses to the bucket

Cwg2M4.jpg

and weathered my pauldron & pouches. I didn’t want to go overboard but wanted a dusty look

qsO0tc.jpg

nj3Ss1.jpg

jrUbNz.jpg

and finally, I am still working away on my E-11. I finished my folding stock so decided to try the hammer finish, really happy so far. Just finishing the main body now and painting some detailed parts before the hammered finish goes on

YTaf7Z.jpg

still got to add the screws on the return edge of my chest piece to simulate the brackets and then I think it’s going to be another test fit and possible submission pics if it all looks good. I would love to finish my E-11 first though but will decide when it happens

Thanks Steve. Yeah I know what you mean bout the pouches etc but it’s hard to capture the effect with pictures. In person it’s more noticeable. I have even been told my boots aren’t dirty enough but again in person they are better. 

Well I went and submitted my Sandtrooper to the GML yesterday.

6U3txO.jpg

IapGv5.jpg

jS4EKS.jpg

eY80MC.jpg

0OhAe3.jpg

So I have just heard back and I have been rejected due to my weathering being to dark. He also wants more on my pouches, pauldron and on the back of the belt on the velcro area which I can understand but I didnt think my colour was that bad. What do you guys think?

I think you need a longer belt but for now, remove the portion of velcro that is exposed when your belt if fastened. Maybe go back and do a very light wash over some parts, especially the shins since there is still some very bright white on the side of your calves. I don't think you  need to go overkill though. So light wash with some watered down burnt umber and quickly blotted away will do wonders. Fix your belt, and then add some more weathering on your pouches and you should be fine.

Thanks for the advise guys. After the setback I had I decided I would try and blend in a brown over the top of my existing weathering but I just couldn't get the finish I wanted. So back to the drawing board, I cleaned the torso down and started again. 

Because I want to go PO & possibly go SWAT I wanted to get a movie accurate finish and decided on the trooper to emulate

DPfGa5.jpg

This is where I am at with my torso so far. I was asked to use more Burnt Umber in my tones this time which I have done with a light wash (Burnt umber/Black/Cream) on the first pass and then a more dark grey highlighting wash (Burnt Umber/Black) on the second pass. I might hit it with more solid darker tone in some places tonight but not sure yet. 

4UaIAE.jpg

mi4kmn.jpg

Ran this by the GML overnight and he has given his approval so I will blend in the arms and legs tonight and hopefully go for approval over the weekend.

Been a busy week getting the weathering changed and doing a few minor upgrades. 

Before I started the torso again I installed the small screws on the return edge of my chest piece to simulate the bracket strapping system 

0Y6Xpu.jpg

When I went for my first approval I was also told the ab piece sat a little high. I did feel this was happening so I decided to create a bracket & pin system on my kidney & ab pieces to keep them inline and help keep the ab down. Seems to work well and also keeps them together to keep the gap down 

WA71zd.jpg

I also took the oppertunity to cut down the thickness of my diamond knee plate as well. To weather my pouches & pauldron I used hairspray and some dirt I had which gave a little bit more to the pauldron/pouches but nothing overboard. So time to send in approval pics again

FuD662.jpg

Ur7ZL6.jpg

6xkiR1.jpg

Great job!   I thought the original weathering looked great.   RS Propmasters' weathering is darker like that.  I would have been a bit annoyed if I would have been rejected for the RS weathering.  

Anyway...your new weathering look fantastic.   Great job!   Congrats!

Thanks everyone, really happy to be a Sandtrooper and part of the MEPD. 

I am talking to a garrison member about 3D printing some of the parts for the pack (syphon, radio faceplate etc) and I will build the rest. I am going though build threads and trying to get sizes.